Duct Tape to Treat Callouses

I tend to use duct tape to splint my fingers when they need a bandage that lasts through dish washing. I eventually discovered that if you put a piece over a clean toe where there is a callous, by the end of the day the skin is softer. I have only ever had one problem using duct tape, and that is when I left it on as a splint on a broken finger for more than a day without taking it off and it got infected. Even the doctor I went to said it was not the duct tape that caused the infection.

By Robyn Fed from Hampton TN

It might be better to use the sticky part of a large bandaid. Duct tape is not meant to be stuck on skin. It has chemicals in it and other elements that while they may not cause infection they might surely cause a reaction which can get infected. Only use something on your skin that is made for skin. A diabetic could get a serious condition from duct tape.

Robin, I never thought to try duct tape the one time I had to temporarily splint a broken finger. That probably would've worked better than the regular tape I used, though. Ann, I'd suppose putting gauze or tissue between you and the tape would negate any problems, but then I'm not diabetic.

Calluses on Feet
Home Remedies for Foot Calluses
Health & Beauty Home RemediesOctober 5, 2010
Duct Tape
Making Duct Tape Clothes
Hands massaging a sugar scrub into feet
Strawberry Foot Exfoliant
Making a Duct Tape Bow
Making a Duct Tape Bow
duct tape flip flops
Making Duct Tape Flip Flops
🎉
🎄