Stretch Whole Milk With Powdered Milk

To stretch milk, I have mixed up powdered milk and added it to the regular milk. Instead of 1 gallon, I had 2 and, since they were mixed together, no one was the wiser.

I have also frozen milk in ice cube trays, when I wanted milk for tea or coffee, I just added a cube. No waste, and the milk did not sour on me.

By Debbi from Blairsville, PA

I like your ice cube idea! I use powdered milk in my pancake recipe and they turn out SO light and fluffy. I wonder how it would be in other recipes - like soups and au gratin. What about pudding?

I always did this when the kids where little, I mixed it at night when they were in bed, and they never knew. It sure was budget stretcher when there were 5 kids to feed. Liked the ice cube idea too!

Great idea, but please be careful with powdered milk:

My Mom lives in Khabarovsk (neighbors with China) - they had all the milk recalled, and all local products that use powdered milk, such as cookies, cakes, etc. That's horrible... I know we are far away, but still...

Food and Recipes Food Tips DairyOctober 13, 2008
Powdered Milk
Powdered Milk Ice Cream Recipes
Collection of dried and canned foods including box of powdered milk.
Making Powdered Milk Taste Better
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
Powdered Milk
Using Powdered Milk