Door Draft Stopper

I want to make a door draft stopper. Any ideas? Thank you.

By Barbara from Union Mills, NC

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Take a 4-5" wide strip of strong fabric and measure it about 3" longer than the width of the door. Sew the end shut and then down the length, double seamed. Fill with play sand, cat litter or something non-food, till about 4" from the end. Secure end and sew, by hand if you have to (the tube is kind of heavy by then). Lay it down in front of the door, molding the sand around the drafty bottom. When you don't need it, pick it up in the middle and the slack in sand will let you hang it over the knob.

Problem Solved!

Hope that helps.

PBP

Don't want to intrude to posts already here however I have found using sand eventually will flatten. Using cat litter is dusty. I have crocheted several of these and have used beans such as pinto beans. They are inexpensive and don't create dust nor flatten. They are heavy enough to stay put but light enough to move when needed. If you do not crochet, but sew, the dollar stores have inexpensive towels. Just sew those together and fill with beans. Let us know what you have tried and how it has worked out for you!

I made my door draft stopper out of foam pipe insulating, it comes in sticks and is fairly cheap.

I made mine to look like the ones they advertise on t.v. Just make a long rectngle the size to fit your door(I used a leg from an old pair of jeans) then sew straight down the middle to form two long "pockets" then cut your foam to fit your door,slide foam into pockets and slide onto bottom of door. It stays put when you open & close the door.

Door Draft Stopper
Making a Door Draft Stopper
Better Living Green Living Conservation EnergyJanuary 14, 2011
Oven Door Towel
Making an Oven Door Towel
pen to paper titles "Last Will...."
Writing a Will Without a Lawyer
Bathtub full of water.
Makeshift Bathtub and Sink Stopper Ideas
tub drain
Retrieving Parts from a Broken Drain
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 19, 2017 at 7:31:08 PM on 10.0.0.248 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.