Cleaning Fingerprint Ink Off Clothing

My son had to have his fingerprints taken to enter the police force. He got the ink on his dress white shirt. Any ideas how to get it out?

Thanks,

Fran from Hamden, CT

I always heard that if you sprayed the ink with hair spray before washing, that that would remove ink. I haven't tried it myself, but it is in every article and book that I have ever read on stain removal.

If the shirt is cotton, or at least 80%, you can take an old toothbrush, dip it into bleach (I just pour a little into the lid) and brush the stain out. Wash immediately! If you leave it, it will eat a hole in the fabric but if you wash right away this is as good as those "bleach pens". They just add a thickener and the dispenser works as a brush. Good luck to your son!

Removing Ink Stains from Clothing
Removing Ink Stains from Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryAugust 4, 2008
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
A ink pen that has stained the pocket of a white dress shirt.
Cleaning Ink Stains on Laundered Clothing
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 16, 2017 at 7:39:38 AM on 10.0.0.78 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.