Use Those Recipes You Save

I clip many recipes from magazines, newspapers, etc. The pile can get quite large, and I end up never even trying any of them. I've solved this and all it took was a clear 3 ring plastic page protector and a piece of colored paper.

I choose about a dozen recipes from my large accumulation, these would be ones where the ingredients are in season and ones that sound so good to me that I just can't wait to try them. I put these in the plastic sleeve behind the piece of colored paper. Then I pick the one recipe that I will make first, and place it on the front side of the piece of colored paper.

I check the ingredients before I go to the grocery store. Soon I can make the recipe, and it is even protected in the plastic sleeve while I am cooking. If we don't care for the finished dish, I throw away the clipping. If we love it, I place it in another permanent notebook along with my own notes.

When I need something new or special for company, I can go to my "good" notebook and choose a proven winner. A new recipe then moves to the front of my plastic sleeve, and more new clippings get added to the back side of that sleeve. I manage to try about 2 new recipes each week!

I'm getting ready to expand this idea and have several plastic sleeves full of recipes, each sleeve with a category of recipes such as meat, salads, desserts, etc.

By Ruth in OH

I just started doing this, I am so tired of eating the same old thing all the time. I ask my husband and son what sounds good? I get the same thing every time..What ever you want to make...ha . I have asked them to go thru recipes with me so I could make things that sound good to them too. There are only so many ways you can cook hamburger. Our son is a butcher so he has started bring home different cuts of meat. We have had stuffed pork chops, marinated chicken breasts and different cuts of beef. If I had of known all I had to do was go on strike to get them to wake up, I would have done this alot quicker. Now on the weekends we look through alot of my recipes and pick enough for the week. The ones we like go into a book to have again and I throw out the rest.

Wooden Recipes Box
Organizing Recipes
Organizing RecipesJuly 11, 2011
Couple looking at recipes both online and using recipe box
Saving Recipes
Tw Red Tomatoes sitting in Ice
Using Frozen Tomatoes
Healthy Crockpot Recipes
Healthy Crockpot Recipes
Vegetables
Use Every Bit of Vegetables
🎉
🎄