Deodorant Stains out of Sweater

Can anyone tell me how to get the yellow under arm deoderant stain out of a sweater that is 75% silk and 25% nylon? I've only worn this sweater twice and the dry cleaning didn't remove the stains.

Try vinegar. Soak stain with full strenth solution and then launder as usual

I have a dark blue silk shirt and it had white deodorant stains on it. I rubbed detergent into the stains then washed the shirt but the stains stayed there. Then I soaked the stains in white vinegar and washed the shirt but the stains remained. Then I poured Methalated Spirits over the stains and rubbed the fabric together for ten seconds to loosen the deodorant substance, and then straight away I put the shirt into a cold wash in the washing machine machine which had a small amount of ordinary soap powder in it. I washed the shirt in that for five minutes then took it out and rinsed it in cold water and dried it on a coat hanger outside. The stains were completely removed without a trace.

I guess if this worked on silk it should work on other fabrics as well. Methalated spirits is very strong so I washed the shirt immediately before it could damage the fabric. Be careful though and maybe place a little of the spirit on the fabric first to see if it melts it. I think it would melt some synthetics for sure.

Did the vinegar work for you?

Deodorant Stains
Removing Deodorant Stains From a Sweater
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsNovember 2, 2004
A woman putting on deodorant.
Deodorant Reviews
Man Using Deodorant
Using Deodorant
Photo of a stick of Sure deodorant.
Removing Deodorant Stains on Clothing
Sweater Pillow
Making a Sweater Pillow
🎉
🎄