Is There a Book of Quick Make It Yourself Convenience Mixes?

Why can't someone put together a "make it yourself" book for home cooks, like cake mixes, spice mixes, etc. I myself love to do them. Quick Cooking had one in their magazine.

By Joann from Cacapon, WV

Here's a place to start:

There are three books that have been out of print but still can be found at auction sites like ebay and halfbay. Make your own groceries, more make your own groceries and better than store bought. Lots of information for making mixes, freezer meals and convenience foods.

Most of those food gifts in a jar recipes are mixes you can premix for your own use. I have seen these at my grocery checkout published by Favorite Brands. My personal fave book about this is for chemical free called "Make Your Own Convenience Foods" by Don and Joan German (MacMillan Publishing Co. Inc NY/ copyright 1978 Book Creations Inc. [at your library try 641.55. Try interlibrary loan if they don't have it in their collection.

This first book, I've used for decades. Make a Mix Cookery. I checked and you can find it on though not for the $5.95 that I paid for my copy.

The other I have gotten more creative with is Dinner is in the Jar

This one shows you how to create those "hamburger helper" like meals which you can store in a jar and all you add are some side add ons.

Enjoy, Dee

Food and Recipes Recipes Convenience MixesMarch 19, 2011
Improving Boxed Brownie Mixes
Self-Publishing a Book
Self-Publishing a Book
Stack of paperback books.
Repairing a Paperback Book