Fun and Frugal Popcorn Seasonings

I don't eat popcorn often but when I do it's fun to experiment with different seasonings.

Salt and Vinegar is yummy and all you have to do is lightly spray the popcorn with vinegar and sprinkle with regular table salt.

Another one to try is using assorted salt flavorings like garlic salt, Creole seasoning or my very favorite is using one of the four assorted bacon salts available online through J and D's. Yum Yum ;-)

And, if you like things on the hot side, mix a few drops of Tabasco sauce in with the butter before pouring on to the popcorn ;-)

If the bacon salt sounds interesting to you for the popcorn or cooking in general here's the link:

Source: Discoveries while experimenting ;-)

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Thank you for sharing this. I had no idea there was such a thing. I went to the website and found that our small town local grocery carries it. I will definately be getting some of this to try. My family loves the flavor of bacon.

My favorite is after popcorn is done sprinkle on Parmesan cheese, so good.

Another yummy treat is lemon pepper seasoning salt,mm! Also, Italian seasoning is good! I intend to try the cajun seasoning, sounds scrumptious! I got the idea for hot sauce on popcorn a few years ago from of all places, a GI doc's office that I work for a while. Its really good. I like m&m's mixed in popcorn too. I had a gourmet popcorn shop back in the '80's. So I have a few recipes!

kflawson! You should share your gourmet popcorn shop recipes with us! Pretty Please!

Food and Recipes Recipes SnacksAugust 20, 2009
Popcorn Ceiling
Repairing a Hole in a Popcorn Ceiling
Bowl of Popcorn
Homemade Microwave Popcorn
Storing Popcorn
Storing Popcorn
🎄
🍂