Turmeric Stain on White Clothing

How can I remove a turmeric stain from white clothes?

By chirayil from Chicago, IL

Try soaking the article of clothing in some warm water and a scoop of oxygen cleaner.

Try putting some peroxide on the area, wait a few minutes, then was it as usual.

Yes, I have gotten this stuff on my fingers & counter top & clothes. An alkaline cleaner gets it out. Try some cleanser without bleach or chlorine. Let it sit on it, I'd wet it really well first. Lye, which they use for drain cleaners, is sodium hydroxide. I have had the chemical in the house for years for a lot of reasons. I mix it with water & dissolve. Then I can pour it on lots of things; on stainless steel, acid foods & whatever, leaves dark kind of stains. The sodium hydroxide takes it away. It's a chemical reaction on aluminum, acid cleans & brightens. Sodium hydroxide is very harsh, but when I get turmeric on my hands & under my nails. I use an old toothbrush & scrub it in...all gone. When done, use some vinegar on your hands, rub in & then rinse & dry. Vinegar is acid, sodium hydroxide is very alkaline.

Stained white shirt.
Removing Stains from White Clothes
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJune 8, 2009
fruit display
Fruit Curry Recipes
Woman with White Hair
Caring for White Hair
rusty tools
Removing Rust Stains from Fabric and Clothing
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing