Bring Tote Bag with Children's Activities

I recently relocated to my son's home to care for my two grandchildren (ages 13 and 7) while my daughter-in-law recovered from brain surgery. I soon discovered that waiting times were the worst for them so I now have a tote bag filled with dollar store items and pens, paper, and pencils to keep them occupied while we "wait". I have found that a monthly trip to the dollar store or even garage sales can economically provide fun and entertainment for them. There is no arguing and plenty of quiet when we are in the offices waiting on Mom to be seen. I take this tote everywhere with us!

By debbygirl57 from Woodland , CA

This is a great idea for traveling with small children. I made up accordion totes for my step son with crayons, coloring book, drawing paper and small toys for when we traveled and for use when we would go places that would boar small children. It was a wonderful way to make him feel special without feeling ignored.

Best of luck to your DIL and blessings to you.

Smart idea. The older child could even bring his homework along and work on it during "wait time."

God bless you for your generosity in helping your daughter and her family through this difficult time!

This is such a practical idea but one that someone with kids all the time may not have thought about. I also say "thank you" for all the waiting patients who don't have to listen to the children being children. And thank you from me to you.

Brilliant idea! I wish more adults were this smart and thoughtful. The way children behave in public has become out of control. Thank you for setting such a great example for others. I am sure everyone nearby is grateful as well. And God bless you and your family with an extra "serving" of peace and strength as you care for your daughter in law!

Activity Kit For Kids
Organizing Activities for Children
Parenting General Parenting AdviceAugust 9, 2010
Golf Bag with Pool Cues in it
Uses for an Old Golf Bag
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
Recycle Tote Bag
Decorating Tote Bags
Working on a Crocheted Tote Bag
Making a Crocheted Tote Bag
🎉
🎄