Organizing Activities for Children

I recently relocated to my son's home to care for my two grandchildren (ages 13 and 7) while my daughter-in-law recovered from brain surgery. I soon discovered that waiting times were the worst for them so I now have a tote bag filled with dollar store items and pens, paper, and pencils to keep them occupied while we "wait". I have found that a monthly trip to the dollar store or even garage sales can economically provide fun and entertainment for them. There is no arguing and plenty of quiet when we are in the offices waiting on Mom to be seen. I take this tote everywhere with us!

By deb from Woodland , CA

4 More Solutions

When you get tired of hearing "how far is it now" pull this kit out to entertain them for a while longer. You can personalize it to suit your children or grandchildren.

Travel Activity Kit Lid

Keep an "activity box" on hand. Organizing one day, I took a big cardboard box and filled it with the things that I had available for children to play with.

I used a hat box, but any box will do. Place art supplies in the box. Take a walk around your home and collect things that would make good collage materials.

I am looking for creative children's activities for a festival-like setting.

By Margaret Oren

Answers

You didn't specify whether this is a church/school/business, but our church did this craft last year.

We had pre-cut and glued the crosses using different colors of construction paper and white card stock for the verse. Pre punched the hole and let the child put the foam stickers on and pick a different colored ribbon for their project.

Thank you for your lovely idea. I like the sentiments. We are blessed by the colors of the world around us.
This event will probably be attended by people of many faiths, but we might be able to include it in a way that encompasses the gifts of color and nature and all creation without excluding those of different religions.
Thank you again for your thoughtful contribution.

What about having a May Pole dance.

Thank you for another good idea. There will be several kids with autism there. It would take a little guidance for them, maybe, but the experience, body movement, color, and making things change through an activity, would be good.
Thanks so much.
M. O.

Answer this Question
Organizing ChildrenJanuary 3, 2013
🌻
👔
👒
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Organizing-Activities-for-Children.html