Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Tiny Thin, Brown Bugs

I have tiny bugs in my house. They are very tiny and thin. They are brown and when you smoosh them it leaves a brown streak. They don't look like bed bugs.

Miosotis

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By darren (Guest Post)01/29/2009

I have these bugs in my house. I've found them in my room, my kids room, and in the living room, and I don't know what they are.So if you could help me that would be fantastic. These bugs are pretty small, and they hairs all over their body. They are stripy black gray lines on it body. They look like maggots but they have 6 legs I think at the front of the body.

By LARRY FLUITT01/04/2009

Possibly just spring tails or psocids. Really hard to say without a picture. Spring tails are usually around moist areas which can be from wet area under a sink to moisture getting into a bathroom wall from bad caulking to a flower bed outside next to the house that is heavily watered. Psocids are also needing humid areas and can be found many places in a home, a common name for them is Book Lice.

Here are questions related to Tiny Thin, Brown Bugs.

Question: Tiny Bugs in Kitchen and Bath

Elongated bugs with antennae.I have these little bugs in my house that are really, really tiny. I would see 1 or 2 every few months, but now it's every day and sometimes 4 or more at a time. They seem to be where ever there is water. For example, under my sink, under my refrigerator (which is by the side of my sink), and the bathroom (bath tub, toilet, sink, or on the floor). I can see them in my rugs too because I have a 4 year old who spills everything.

I have killed a lot of them and did a big cleaning, but they still seem to come back or don't go away. Every now and then I will see them in my draws or couch, just one no more than that. I want to know what they are and how to get rid of them for good. I am going crazy with this thing it's been a few months now.

The picture is from Google, but this is what they look just like. I have tried to take pics for myself, but it's so small you can't see it well.

By Candace

Most Recent Answer

By Lizzyanny [9]08/26/2011

These look to me like wheat weevils. They are present in all wheat products. If you keep the product long enough, they will hatch. Go thru your cupboards and throw out any old cake mix, biscuit mix or flour etc. You may not see any of them near the flour source. they seem to hatch and then travel. I used to find them in the bathroom and kitchen primarily.

When I threw out all my old wheat products I stopped storing flour products in the paper bag or box they came it. I got plastic tight seal containers for products that were going to be around for awhile. I wiped out all my cabinets that I store food in too. I have not seen any of the little critters for years.