Painting Kitchen Cabinets

How do I refinish kitchen cabinet doors? I want to paint some old cabinets and replace the center with frosted glass. It looks like there is a gloss finish on the cabinets and they are old. I don't want to hurt the wood.

By Stephanie from Bokoshe, OK

Best Answer

Don't worry too much about the wood, we did the same at our house, hit it with a sander and then hand sanded the detail (a bit ornate) then primed and painted, was a lengthy process but thoroughly worth it!

Best Answer

Go to http://www.thisoldhouse.com and enter 'paint kitchen cabinets' in the search box. I used their instructions on my cabinets and they turned out beautiful. It took me 2 weeks to complete the project. I painted my cabinets white and changed the hardware. I also left off two cabinet doors and glued red & white check fabric to the back.

Wood cabinet doors ready to be painted.
Painting Wood Cabinets
Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingFebruary 9, 2010
Wood Kitchen Cabinets
Cleaning Wood Cabinets
A nice kitchen with granite countertops and white cabinets.
Coordinating Granite Countertops With Kitchen Cabinets
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Cleaning yellow stains on cabinets.
Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets
🎉
🎄