Painting Kitchen Cabinets

How do I refinish kitchen cabinet doors? I want to paint some old cabinets and replace the center with frosted glass. It looks like there is a gloss finish on the cabinets and they are old. I don't want to hurt the wood.

By Stephanie from Bokoshe, OK

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

Don't worry too much about the wood, we did the same at our house, hit it with a sander and then hand sanded the detail (a bit ornate) then primed and painted, was a lengthy process but thoroughly worth it!

Best Answer

Go to http://www.thisoldhouse.com and enter 'paint kitchen cabinets' in the search box. I used their instructions on my cabinets and they turned out beautiful. It took me 2 weeks to complete the project. I painted my cabinets white and changed the hardware. I also left off two cabinet doors and glued red & white check fabric to the back.

Wood cabinet doors ready to be painted.
Painting Wood Cabinets
Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingFebruary 9, 2010
Wood Kitchen Cabinets
Cleaning Wood Cabinets
A nice kitchen with granite countertops and white cabinets.
Coordinating Granite Countertops With Kitchen Cabinets
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Cleaning yellow stains on cabinets.
Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 10:46:56 AM on 10.0.2.167 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.