Browsing: Anniversary Party Ideas

50th Anniversary Party For The In-Laws

My in-laws are having a 50th anniversary and we are all scattered regionally. Other siblings are not able to help financially very much so I need ideas as I don't want them forgotten. This creates a lot of expense for us (read that as a lot falling on me). I'd really like to do something nice for them, have thought of a cruise, or something else. Any ideas would be appreciated.

MC

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

a friend of mine was having a baby and all her family was scattered..i called them secretely and had them send their gifts to me..i held a baby shower for her and she was able to open up her family's gifts...

you could do the same

if you cant get the whole family together, maybe they can send you their gift or gifts then you can present them their gifts at the restaurant..you can make an anniversary cake similar to their wedding cake

if no one is in the same town as they are, maybe you could have a video made//send one tape to one person they video tape a message and show their wrapped gift; then send the video on to the next person and so on until you get it back with all the gifts then send it on to them.

hope this gives you ideas!!!

I had a Photo Quilt made for my parents for Christmas one year. They loved it. I took pictures from the time they met, wedding day, baby pics of the kids, a pic of their new home, pets, etc. and had a quilt made with the pictures printed on it. They loved it! Maybe you could get each person to send a special picture or a poem or short story or something like that and have a Photo Quilt or something like that made. Maybe even just a scrapbook. It will be inexpensive for everyone to send a picture or story and maybe some money to help with the cost and your not exactly left with all of the work and expense and your in-laws will be excited to receive something that took more sentimate than time or money. Good Luck!

My friend made a nice scrapbook for her parents for their 20th anniversary. It included letters and pictures from scattered friends and family. The pictures kind of told the story of their 20 years of marriage.

If money is short for the in-laws as well, you might consider, collecting money from everyone and possibly hiring someone to do some household repairs for them, since they are elderly.

We celebrated my in-laws' 50th last year and took them to a nice restaurant--one of their favorites-- and paid for their meal. We all chipped in for a cake and a scrapbook was made for them. You can get a really nice one at Big Lots right now and all you have to do is slip in the pictures you have. It allows you to place their name on the front cover (with stickers that come with it?). It's VERY pretty and costs either 9.99 or 19.99. The girls got ours from "Joanne Fabrics" or "Michael's" craft store and probably paid 3 times that cost!

Is the place where they got married/honeymooned still existing?

Maybe set up a renewal of vows or a weekend at their honeymoon spot?

How about looking into a river boat dinner cruise depending where you live for instance the gateway clipper in pittsburg pa is nice. And perhaps if their wedding attendants are still living could go along for some fun. Or even a bed and breakfast in an area they might enjoy visiting. Hope this helps

Scrapbook of their last 50 years, renew vows at church or backyard, family portrait, dinner cruise if you live near a river, murder mystery dinner party, theme party, a "roast" party honoring them, video collage of kids, grandkids over the years, or a special gift such as a camcorder, digital camera, plasma tv, etc. This all depens on how active they are.

Anniversary Party
Anniversary Party Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties AnniversaryJanuary 13, 2005
50th Anniversary Gift Box
50th Anniversary Gift Ideas
60th Anniversary Party Ideas
60th Anniversary Party Ideas
50th Wedding Anniversary Party
50th Wedding Anniversary Party Ideas
Party Balloons
Surprise 50th Birthday Party Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 15, 2016 at 6:23:50 AM on 10.0.0.52 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.