Rotisserie Chicken Containers as a Lettuce Crisper

The containers that rotisserie chickens come in work great for a lettuce crisper. If there are air holes on top of the lid, place a piece of plastic wrap on top of the lettuce first. This would be a good hint for campers as well.

By M. Fischer-Dixon

That is a great idea. I always hate to throw them out. I love the containers that salad you get at McDonalds come in. I reuse them until they fall apart. With those I can prepare our salads for dinner in advance and they stay so crisp. Plus I can stack them in the fridge when it's all full.

Food and Recipes StorageJuly 7, 2004
Iceberg Lettuce
Growing Iceberg Lettuce
George Foreman Jr. Rotisserie
George Foreman Jr. Rotisserie Manual
Head of green leaf lettuce.
Washing Lettuce
Lettuce growing in a box.
Growing Lettuce