Vinegar to Disinfect Books and Toys

Disinfect plastic baby books and toys by spraying them with white distilled vinegar and soapy water.

By fossil1955 from Cortez, CO

I don't see how that would disinfect it with just vinegar. I mix a little of clorox and lots of water in spray bottle and spray them down and then air dry.

I think the best part of this tip is, it's non-toxic. You sure can't say that about bleach! I don't understand the chemistry of it, either, but if I still had children at home (or visiting grandchildren,) I'd rather disinfect with something that wouldn't make them sick. I do know vinegar works well for disinfecting and deodorizing my laundry, if that helps.

Home and Garden Cleaning ToysJanuary 26, 2011
Old Encyclopedias on Shelf
Finding the Value of Old Reference Books
Child Coloring in a Coloring Book
Saving Money On Coloring Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet
🎉
🎄