GrowingGardening

Strawberry Plant for an Aerogarden

What type of strawberry plant is sweet, plentiful and easy to grow in an indoor Aerogarden which uses hydroponics technology? I live in NYC and keep the Aerogarden on my window sill. I don't have a balcony. Its company, Aerogrow chose/created the variety, "Sweet Rubies," for their Aerogarden but they were discontinued due to the difficulty in transporting them and I can't find a nursery that sells them. Would the small, "little French" variety, Woodlands be a good alternative? Any others? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Beth from NYC

I just did a google search and located a strawberry variety called "Sweet Ruby-ies" that are used in the aerogardening technique and just doing this type of gardening is suppose to yield a good crop. Good luck.

Don't know the answer to your question about strawberry types good for the AeroGarden, but here is a link to a GREAT forum where you could ask. I'm sure somebody there will know something:

www.aerogardengrowers.com

Lorraine: Thanks. As it turns out, I found the forum and, as you predicted, it has be very helpful.

Lorelei: Thanks for doing a google search for me, it was vey kind of you. Sweet Rubies were chosen by or created specifically for Aerogarden but due to transport problems, they discontinued the idea of mailing the plants. As a result, they have been impossible to find. However, the Aerogarden forum came up with a good alternative, "Sarian strawberries." Many thanks! attymusic