Using Bisquick After Expiration Date

By Janice 3 3

I have out of date Bisquick. Is there anything I can do with it besides throwing it away?

By Janice

By Vi Johnson 286 801 Flag

How far out of date is it?

I have used Bisquick by adding a small amount of baking powder to it and it was fine. As long as it was bug free and not rancid smelling it should be OK. You could test it by making a small batch of pancakes or biscuits and see if it rises. If it is 6 months or more out of date add 1/2 -1 teaspoon baking powder before mixing in liquids. I freeze mine when I first bring it home, and sometimes it expires before I use it all. When it has been frozen I have used it as long as 1-1/2 years later. GG Vi

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceJanuary 11, 2012
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
A finger with a pink bow tied on it.
Save-The-Date Ideas
Bisquick Mix Recipe
Homemade Bisquick Mix Recipes
Bisquick
Buying Bisquick
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 12:54:15 PM on 10.0.2.138 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings