Using Bisquick After Expiration Date

I have out of date Bisquick. Is there anything I can do with it besides throwing it away?

By Janice

Answers

How far out of date is it?

I have used Bisquick by adding a small amount of baking powder to it and it was fine. As long as it was bug free and not rancid smelling it should be OK. You could test it by making a small batch of pancakes or biscuits and see if it rises. If it is 6 months or more out of date add 1/2 -1 teaspoon baking powder before mixing in liquids. I freeze mine when I first bring it home, and sometimes it expires before I use it all. When it has been frozen I have used it as long as 1-1/2 years later. GG Vi

Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceJanuary 11, 2012
Expired Yogurt
Using Expired Yogurt
A finger with a pink bow tied on it.
Save-The-Date Ideas
Bisquick Mix Recipe
Homemade Bisquick Mix Recipes
🎄