Browsing: Organizing Shoes

Save Shoe Boxes

When buying shoes, keep the boxes they come in. This way, they'll be protected from being knocked around in your closet, you won't have to worry about loosing one, and it's great at helping to keep your closet tidy.

By Melissa

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I use shoe boxes to store my pictures in. I use the adult shoe boxes from my son (size 12) and I find that the developed pictures in their envelopes will stand nicely in the boxes. I abelled the outside of the boxes and now they are ready until I need to look at them. When I go on a holiday, all the pictures from that holiday (when we went to Florida I took 20 rolls of film) went into one shoe box. Another shoe box is holding all the pamphlets, stubs, receipts and other holiday stuff like napkins with emblems of the restaurant or Disney World on them. Keeps everything nice and neat.

I have a local church that does a shoebox project every Christmas. They fill them w/ things like pencils, erasers, small toys etc & the boxes are Christmas wrapped & shipped to a place that sends them to kids in a foreign country. I think it's called Shoebox Project. You could donate the boxes to the church if you know of one who does that. There is also an organization "Shoes4Souls" that take used shoes & send them to needy kids in foreign countries. I have the website if anyone is interested. I know they sent some to Haiti as well as other countries.

I like the idea of the Shoebox Project but I'd much rather see the boxes filled with items and given to needy children here in our country because there are millions of our own who are in need.

Would be a good idea to send them here too. I think it was started to help those in need in places where they don't have the resources we do like family aid etc. You could always check into it & see if maybe there is something like that for our kids.

I love that idea of the Shoebox Project. Kids right in our own area are in need of back-to-school supplies. Not everyone can afford stuff like that. Another shoe box project could be to fill a shoebox with some personal needs that everyone uses but can't always afford such as soap, shampoo, a roll of toilet tissue, a box of Kleenex, toothpaste, toothbrushes, mouthwash, baby wipes, well, you get the idea.

Shoes that are oranized on a shelf.
Organizing Shoes
Organizing ClothingNovember 25, 2004
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
Cigars in a Box
Craft Ideas for Cigar Boxes
Empty shoebox waiting for a new use.
Uses for Shoe Boxes
Cigars in a Box
Uses for Cigar Boxes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 9, 2016 at 2:28:11 PM on 10.0.2.217 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.