Uses for Shoe Boxes

A lot of shoeboxes can be unfolded to lie flat. This helps a lot in storing the ones you haven't re-purposed yet. When you re-fold it, do it so it is inside out. Then it makes a very good mailing box as you can just write the address on the box then tape it up securely to go through the mail. I also re-fold them inside out to use as storage for craft items like fabric paint etc.

Here's an extra "box" hint. I cut the boxes that bath soap comes in (like Dove or Caress) in half, then fill up the bottom of a shoebox with the half-boxes. Each box will hold two Scribbles bottles upside down. This helps preserve the paint in the bottles for years as any dried paint will be on the other end so it won't affect being able to squeeze it out of the tip. I've used some that are over 5 years old!

By DeBushe from San Jose, CA

14 More Solutions

I have tons of leggings and I found out that the easiest way to keep them clean and stored out of sight is to put them in a shoe box. I can still see every pair and they stay organized and nice!

Store Leggings in a Shoe Box - rolled leggings stored in a large shoe box

I never know what do with items like Product Instruction booklets, extra cable cords, and CD inserts. I found a solution. Instead of buying the pricey plastic boxes, I use shoe boxes. I load items from each category into the shoebox, label them and put them at the top of my coat closet.

I keep my embroidery floss skeins organised by colour, then number, in shoe boxes. Inside the shoe boxes, I have dividers made from cardboard I've recycled with a sticky label showing the number of the floss in that compartment.

Save old shoe boxes and paint them to match your decor. You can have your children paint them with fun designs and notes. Either way, they look great and they are much cheaper compared to store bought boxes and baskets.

Well, I was reading all the different ways to use old shoe boxes and thought of one myself. I have collected all these shoe boxes because I just can't see throwing out a perfectly good box that could be used for many other things.

I recently moved. I was VERY disorganized but am getting better. The one thing I found out is that Target stores are more then happy to let you have empty shoe boxes. I drove my family nuts I had shoes boxes all over.

I save shoe boxes so that when I have something to store papers, such as hand written recipes, letters, etc. I use them for small items that I don't use on a daily basis, but don't want to get rid of.

Use shoe boxes and other similar size boxes to make large building blocks for your kids. Tape the lid of the box on and then cover them with contact paper. You can even find contact paper with a brick or wood pattern on it.

Pick up free sample books at wallpaper stores. Call shoe stores and ask for empty shoe boxes. This makes great photo storage boxes when you decoupage or glue the wall paper samples on

Videos

My daughter found this video on youtube. It is about how to turn a shoebox lid into a locker organizer with duct tape, a glue gun, and some small wine cork.

I have about 10 empty shoe boxes. I know that organizations use them to send to our war fighters. Please help me find a good use for my boxes.

By Patricia Armstrong from Sarasota, FL

Answers

If it was me I'd put a free ad online or in a local newspaper if anyone wanted to collect them for using in a shoebox charity appeal. I know that churches, scout groups, and schools are supporting those kinds of charities so if you could mention it to them too.

We used shoe boxes to send Christmas boxes to children overseas through BMMI (Baptists). Franklin Graham's organization also sends Christmas shoe boxes to children. So I'd check with a local church to see if they need them. The organizations are getting pretty particular about the size and shape though, to aid in packing thousands for shipping.

I am just in love with decoupage. I think you should decoupage them and use them around the house. If you don't know what decoupage is just Google it and you'll get a bunch of hits.
Gem

Answer this Question

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

I was setting this shoe box on my open craft file cabinet drawer, and I accidentally put something heavy inside the box, and it fit right in! Imagine my surprise when it not only fit but closed!

Plastic shoebox in file cabinet drawer.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

From storage to crafts, shoeboxes can used for all sorts of things. If you can get them for free, even better! This is a page about getting free shoe boxes.

Stack of Shoe Boxes

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Ideas for reusing shoes boxes. Post your ideas.

Better Living Green Living ReusingMarch 10, 2012
🌻
👒
👔
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Uses-for-Shoe-Boxes-1.html