Getting Free Shoe Boxes

Category Charity
From storage to crafts, shoeboxes can used for all sorts of things. If you can get them for free, even better! This is a guide about getting free shoe boxes.

Every year I send shoe box gifts to soldiers, the local shelters, and hospital patients. I try all year long to get empty shoe boxes at the local thrift shop, but that's can be iffy. Any ideas on where to get empty shoe boxes at no cost?

By Lorna from Clinton, OK

Answers

Have you contacted any of the shoe makers companies. Or even the shoe stores in your town, they might have extra boxes. Thank God that there are good people like you.

Places like GoodWill and the Salvation Army recieve public donations and may have them on hand to collect for you.
Or try finding a recycle center near you. A small add in the wanted section of the newspaper may be the way to go also. Will the local paper donate you some space for a charitable cause like this? Local organizations like Jaycees, Rotary, Lions, Elks, Optimists, Women of Today, etc may be able to "drive" for you. Check with your Chamber of Commerce for a list of these types of non-profits in your area.

If you are in a city that has a Yahoo Freecycle network, you could post a free Wanted ad for them.

Try shoe stores like PayLess if they have one in your area. I've heard people get free ones at shoe stores. If you can use other types of boxes there are lots of places for free ones. Try places like container stores. But FreeCycle is a good idea too unless you have to drive clear across town to pick up only one.

If you go to USPS.COM you can order priority mail boxes (including shoe boxes) for no cost & they even deliver them free. You have to order 10 at a time though. The boxes aren't the shoe boxes that have the removable top, but they are the exact size as shoe boxes and are even called shoe boxes. Hope that helps!

First off, don't use USPS boxes for anything other than shipping. If you use their boxes and turn then inside out or cover them, you can get fined! They are made to ship, just as is. I used to work for Payless shoes, and a lot of people don't want the boxes. Go into your local store and talk with the manager, arrange to pick up once a week or so, I'm sure you'll get a lot that way!

I am one of those people who often take just the shoes, leave the box at the store. Since someone else mentioned this, I would start checking with shoe stores. In some malls that could be a real jackpot! Or try at outlet stores.

I want to send some presents for the project shoebox4Syria so I will need a good amount of boxes. Any idea where can I get these boxes from?

By Julieth A

Answers

Best Answer

Go to any shoe store. We always went to Payless. They will save them for you. Some shoe box ministries will provide shoe boxes for you at a minimal cost cause they want them uniform in size for easier shipping.