Repairing a Shoe Sole

The sole on a pair of my favorite shoes began to separate from the shoe. I slipped a little tacky glue between the bottom of the shoe and the top of the sole, clamped the shoes with a couple binder clips, and by next morning they were good as new.

By J from Los Angeles

3 Questions

I have a pair of Patrick Ewing basketball shoes (very rare). They are 20 years old and when I wore them for the first time the rubber at the side of the sole started to crack. Now the sole is hanging off the shoe. You know (talking shoes)?

Can this be fixed so that they are wearable?

By pierre leslie from Milton, Ontario, Canada

Answers

These are nice shoes so I would take them to a shoe repair shop. This may cost more than any "home" repair but they will usually do a very good job.

Use a product called Shoe Goo, I get it at Family dollar but I think it will be easy to find. It`s great.

I agree with rpfunke. Use Shoe Goo. I think Wal Mart sells it also. Works great!

Talking shoes! So expressive, I love it.
Marg from England.

Answer this Question

I am looking for a type of "rubber" or silicon sealant to glue onto the front toe/sole of my Ugg boots. I used to see ads for this to repair and prolong sneakers. Any suggestions are truly appreciated. (I mistakenly put white Gorilla Glue, lol. It showed and didn't hold.)

Thank you!

Answers

Knowing where you live normally makes it easier to find a store near you that fixes them. Here are some companies that do ug boot repair. You can find out if one if them is near you or not.

www.simplicitymfg.com/.../riding-mower-identification.html

nushoe.com/ugg-boot-repair.html

I use something called SHOE GOO. You can find it in most big shops like Target, Walmart.

Answer this Question
Home and Garden Repair ClothingApril 2, 2013
🐛
👒
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Repairing-a-Shoe-Sole.html