Making a 'Sole' Mate Valentine

A shoe insole and some crochet skills are all you need to create this clever Valentine's Day card. This is a guide about making a "sole" mate Valentine.

Crochet around an insole for your funny Valentine.

Approximate Time: less than an hour

Instructions:

1. Prep the insole: The package I bought is from Kmart and included a template for different sizes. If your insole is like mine you will need to trim it to the smallest size.
  2. On the wrong side, with a pencil, lightly draw a line about 1/4 inch from the edge. Then punch holes every quarter inch just on the line.

Crocheting the edging:

Round 1: Attach thread with a sc in one of the holes. *Ch 1, sc in next hole. Repeat from * around. Join in the first sc with a slipstitch.

Round 2: Ch 3, dc, ch 2, 2 dc in same stitch. *Skip one sc, 2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc in next sc. Repeat from * around. On the curves of the toe and heel use your own judgment, I didn't skip a sc on those curves. Join with a slipstitch in the top of the beginning ch 3.

Fasten off and weave in the ends.

Write your message on the insole with a permanent marker.
U R MY SOUL MATE

YOU ARE MY SOUL MATE

YOU ARE MY SOLE MATE

I LOVE U HEART AND SOUL

I LOVE YOU HEART AND SOUL

I LOVE YOU HEART AND SOLE

By Suzetta from Bellingham, WA