MiscellaneousHome

Air in My Well Lines

I have a well and pressure tank. I have air in my lines all the time, hot and cold. My tank is holding the right pressure. If I run the water awhile it almost stops completely. Where do I look or what can I do? I have plenty of water, all the time.

Best Answer

If your pump is in the well I don't have an answer, but if your pump is above ground, I think your pump seals may be failing.

Best Answer

Does your pressure tank fill often? You may have to add air to your tank. There is a bladder inside the tank and it has to have a certain amount of air or there isn't a lot of water in the tank. Therefore, whenever the tank has to pump water, all of the air in the well casing comes up into the tank, and you get 'splutter'. Hope this helps.