Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Removing Sticker Residue on Leather

This is a guide about removing sticker residue on leather. Keep the color and texture of your leather unchanged when cleaning sticker residue.

September 30, 2013 Flag

I bought a pair of Lilly Pulitzer sandals that had sticker residue on the leather insoles. I used Goo Gone and it removed the gold lettering also and also left a blotched area. I have used Goo Gone in the past with great success, but I would not recommend using it on leather.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 30, 2010 Flag

I need help with the removal of sticker residue on a black leather couch.

By Sandy from Kansas City, MO

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 10, 2007 Flag

How can I remove sticky label residue off leather? My new leather shoes had a paper label inside, on the leather insole, with the sale price on, but when I tried to peel it off it has left a really sticky patch. The leather is soft, almost like nubuck and very pale colour

Gailsmum from UK

Answers:

Sticker Residue on Leather Shoes

There is a product called "Goo Gone", you can usually buy it at a hardware or department store, it will remove any residue, anything sticky, even wax without hurting the material. I use it for removing anything sticky. (09/07/2006)

By Karen

Sticker Residue on Leather Shoes

I agree... Goo Gone. It's great and good in your situation since the goo is on a surface that doesn't show. (09/11/2006)

By Claudia _MD

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Don't invest in a costly product to remove sticker tag go. Just used denatured alcohol on a soft cloth and gently rubbed it off my $300 lambs leather bag. It will be slightly damp afterwords but in about 15 minutes to a half hour it will dry and look as good as ever. That simple:-)

March 30, 2010 Flag

I need to remove sticker residue from my leather jacket. I forgot to remove a name tag after a conference and when I finally remembered it was there, the sticky backing stayed. Any ideas on what I can use that won't harm my leather?

Susan from New Jersey

Answers:

Sticker Residue on Leather

Use WD-40. Spray on, let it sit a couple of minutes and rub it off with a slightly rough cloth (an old washcloth is perfect for this). (02/17/2009)

By Jean from Raymond, MS

Sticker Residue on Leather

Without thinking I placed a visitor tag on the front left side pocket of my husband's camel color nubuk jacket. I felt horrible after he was so concerned about me having to go up north on an emergency trip without a warm coat. But, thanks to you guys and goo gone, I made good and returned the jacket as he lent it to me. Thanks again.

I was hesitant to use it out of fear of it leaving an oily residue. But low and behold I saved 50 bucks (dry cleaning cost) and kept the peace with my hubby, he'll be keeping me warm for years to come. (02/18/2009)

By GOO GONE BELIEVER

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 16, 2009 Flag

I have a glue stain on a leather jacket from a "Hello my name is" sticker. Removing the sticker left a white glue stain.

Sue from Ottawa, ON

Answers:

Sticker Residue on Leather

Simply wet a tissue with alcohol and wipe off the sticky. This works on anything and is easily done not to mention more cost effective then buying something to use. Good luck! (01/12/2007)

By Paula Jo Carr in Mebane, NC

Sticker Residue on Leather

I put a "Hello my name is" sticker on my leather jacket for a Halloween party, and someone at the party told me it would take off some of the leather.

Fortunately, my hubby suggested using a hairdryer the same way people do to take off bumper stickers. Beautiful! It worked perfectly and didn't leave any residue. ~2 minutes (if that) and I was done! (11/02/2008)

By Jennifer in CT

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Removing Sticker Residue
Removing Sticker Residue
Home and Garden Cleaning LeatherNovember 19, 2016
Mirror
Cleaning Sticky Residue from a Mirror
Leather Jacket
Removing Sticky Residue from Name Tag on Leather Jacket
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Close up of racks of woks for sale.  You can see the sticker reflected from the inside of the pan
Cleaning Glue Residue From Pots and Pans
👒
🐰
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 18, 2017 at 3:39:04 PM on 10.0.0.162 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.