Removing Sticker Residue on Leather

This is a guide about removing sticker residue on leather. Keep the color and texture of your leather unchanged when cleaning sticker residue.

September 30, 2013 Flag

I bought a pair of Lilly Pulitzer sandals that had sticker residue on the leather insoles. I used Goo Gone and it removed the gold lettering also and also left a blotched area. I have used Goo Gone in the past with great success, but I would not recommend using it on leather.

March 30, 2010 Flag

I need to remove sticker residue from my leather jacket. I forgot to remove a name tag after a conference and when I finally remembered it was there, the sticky backing stayed. Any ideas on what I can use that won't harm my leather?

Susan from New Jersey

Answers:

Sticker Residue on Leather

Use WD-40. Spray on, let it sit a couple of minutes and rub it off with a slightly rough cloth (an old washcloth is perfect for this). (02/17/2009)

By Jean from Raymond, MS

Sticker Residue on Leather

Without thinking I placed a visitor tag on the front left side pocket of my husband's camel color nubuk jacket. I felt horrible after he was so concerned about me having to go up north on an emergency trip without a warm coat. But, thanks to you guys and goo gone, I made good and returned the jacket as he lent it to me. Thanks again.

I was hesitant to use it out of fear of it leaving an oily residue. But low and behold I saved 50 bucks (dry cleaning cost) and kept the peace with my hubby, he'll be keeping me warm for years to come. (02/18/2009)

By GOO GONE BELIEVER

February 16, 2009 Flag

I have a glue stain on a leather jacket from a "Hello my name is" sticker. Removing the sticker left a white glue stain.

Sue from Ottawa, ON

Answers:

Sticker Residue on Leather

Simply wet a tissue with alcohol and wipe off the sticky. This works on anything and is easily done not to mention more cost effective then buying something to use. Good luck! (01/12/2007)

By Paula Jo Carr in Mebane, NC

Sticker Residue on Leather

I put a "Hello my name is" sticker on my leather jacket for a Halloween party, and someone at the party told me it would take off some of the leather.

Fortunately, my hubby suggested using a hairdryer the same way people do to take off bumper stickers. Beautiful! It worked perfectly and didn't leave any residue. ~2 minutes (if that) and I was done! (11/02/2008)

By Jennifer in CT

January 10, 2007 Flag

How can I remove sticky label residue off leather? My new leather shoes had a paper label inside, on the leather insole, with the sale price on, but when I tried to peel it off it has left a really sticky patch. The leather is soft, almost like nubuck and very pale colour

Gailsmum from UK

Answers:

Sticker Residue on Leather Shoes

There is a product called "Goo Gone", you can usually buy it at a hardware or department store, it will remove any residue, anything sticky, even wax without hurting the material. I use it for removing anything sticky. (09/07/2006)

By Karen

Sticker Residue on Leather Shoes

I agree... Goo Gone. It's great and good in your situation since the goo is on a surface that doesn't show. (09/11/2006)

By Claudia _MD

Home and Garden Cleaning LeatherNovember 19, 2016
Leather Jacket
Removing Sticky Residue from Name Tag on Leather Jacket
Bumper Sticker
Removing a Bumper Sticker
Removing Sticker Residue
Removing Sticker Residue
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎉
🎄