Removing Sticker Residue

Don't you find it annoying when you buy something and when you try to remove the label it leaves a greasy or a sticky substance on the item? Well if you don't have any goo begone, just smear a gob of peanut butter on it. Take a paper towel and rub, turning the paper towel often as it removes the sticky substance. No more sticky substance on it. It really works. I just did this on a jar, removing what was left of the price tag!

By dorothy wedenoja from New Creek, WV

More Solutions

How many of you moms out there have spent entirely too much time trying to remove stickers that have been stuck on every surface in the entire house by your ornery toddler?

Just put some rubbing alcohol, mineral oil, or nail polish remover on a cotton ball or paper towel and rub it. The residue comes right off. So easy!

You probably won't believe it, but the best thing I know to remove sticky residue from labels and tags is fly spray! Yep, your everyday, garden variety fly spray. Spray some on a paper towel and rub the sticky area.

To remove price stickers, bumper stickers, or glue residue try using Goo Gone. I have found it to be the best, fastest, and will not damage. I even used it on t-shirts and jeans after I removed a stick-on label and it left a glue residue.

Lemon essential oil removes sticky residues quickly and easily. Put 4 drops of the lemon essential oil onto a cotton ball. Hold the cotton ball onto the sticky residue for a couple seconds then rub in a circular motion until the residue is gone. I have successfully used this method for removing two sided tape from metal and also sticky residue from labels.

supplies

You know how you peel off a sticker and it leaves behind the sticky glue? I used Bath and Body Works hand sanitizer and it works great. I put some on and spread it evenly throughout the surface then let it sit for 20-30 minutes.

Soak the jar and, after removing label, add a dab of mayonnaise. Let it set a few minutes, then rub. The glue will come off with no effort.

You'll never guess which of your kids favorite foods is a pro at removing sticky paper labels from glass, plastic, and other surfaces. You no longer need toxic chemicals. It takes only a few minutes, works like a wiz, and there are no worries if your little one sneaks a taste.

33 Questions

How do I remove the sticky glue from labels placed on containers?

By Curtis Wiethorn from Valley Mills, TX

Answers

Fingernail polish remover, any generic brand! Douse a cotton ball (or two or more - whatever it takes) and scrub, scrub, scrub the label and container. Works almost every time on glass and most plastics. Use a tad of "Dawn" dish washing liquid detergent and a scrub pad to clean up any straggler evidence of glue or paper. Good luck. :-)

How do I take a sticker off a window?

By nancy from MI

Answers

I've had good luck with a product called Goo Gone. It sells in a small bottle, maybe 8 ounces, and can be purchased at places like WalMart and Lowes.

www.magicamerican.com/googone.aspx

W-D 40 spray it on and scrub it off. Works every time with very little effort.

I have heard using a hairdryer on the sticker will lift it right off.

Fingernail polish remover and some elbow grease.

I was looking at some pictures i found in my purse last night, and the one with my daughter holding my great nephew (2 months old at the time) has some sticky paper residue on it, possibly from a sticker from my Dd (5 years old). I was wondering if there is a way to remove this without ruining the picture? Thank you for all responses. I would really hate to throw this one out.

jmz2005 from illinois

Answers

By Marilyn (Guest Post)

There is a product called UN-DU that is acid free & safe for photo's and most any surface. It will remove any stickers including postage stamps. It can be purchased at Walmart or any craft store.

I bought some nice clear plastic insulated mugs at a garage sale with a price sticker on the top where you would put your mouth to drink. I soaked them in warm soapy water and the label surface came right off, but there is a film and fine residue that won't come off.

What you do suggest?

I would like to know how to remove glue left on silverware, such as knife/fork from the sales tag.

By patricia from Buffalo, NY

How do I remove the sticky residue left from a sticker on inside of shoe, under my heel? It is leather, so I don't know if I can use Goo Gone. When I walk, one heel sticks and makes noise every time I take a step. Very frustrating!

By Christine K.

How do you remove gummy residue left after removing price tags from satin placemats? Thanks in advance.

Yvonne from El Paso, Texas

Answers

By learning2bthrifty (Guest Post)

Next time use a hair dryer. the heat will keep the glue on the sticker. Sorry, no info for this time around... salad oil works on non-porous items.

By Kevin (Guest Post)

There are several things that work well. Test first in a hidden part. White spirit is good to remove sticky residue as is eucalyptus oil but this will also leave an oily spot. One other way is to use another sticker to help lift off the residue.

Answer this Question

How can I remove left over label adhesive? I have washed in hot water, gently scrapped, and used rubbing alcohol. What do I do?

By Pat

Load More
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceJanuary 4, 2013
🍂
😷
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Removing-Sticker-Residue-1.html