Use a Steam Iron to Remove Stickers

How many of you moms out there have spent entirely too much time trying to remove stickers that have been stuck on every surface in the entire house by your ornery toddler? Hold onto your bonnets, ladies! You ready? Use the steam from your iron to remove any type of sticky sticker off any surface!

Fill your iron chuck full of water and turn the heat and steam on High. Let it get good and hot, then hold your iron upright or over your sticker nightmare and start pressing that steam button as fast as you can. In seconds, the entire sticker can be lifted off with absolutely NO residue left on the surface.

May all of you sticker-removing mommies sleep better tonight knowing that at least one toddler mess can be cleaned up with ease.

By April from Albany, GA

At Lowes, I bought a small container of 'Lift Off' to remove the sticky bathtub strips from the tile on my tiled breezeway floor. Worked in 1-2 minutes, also removed the stickum left behind. Worked on the stickers on the on all the gifts that I've bought. Also removes stains from carpet, fabric, walls, etc. 4.5 oz. and has lasted for 2 years.

That sounds WAY easier than the iron, eh?! I'll have to look for that stuff. I tried the Goo Gone, but it never really worked on price-tags, stickers, etc. Thanks for the tip!

Don't use steam on wood for it will make a white spot but I will try it on everything else.

Thanks so much. They are such a pain and this method is much easier and less messy than how I usually go about taking the stickers off. Appreciate the tip!

Please don't try this on furniture without testing a spot first. You can ruin a good piece of furniture. I won't go into letting toddlers have stickers.

To clean the bottom of your iron you could use several thicknesses of dryer sheets. You may want to put down a piece of aluminum foil first, then the sheets and rub the hot iron over the sheets. It may take several times to remove all the gunk. If you use it without the foil it makes the ironing board smell great, but could leave a residue on your next ironing project.

Use a hair dryer which every one has handy and is a whole lot easier than getting the iron out which most of us avoid if possible anyway. Or a heat gun which all you crafters out there have also. Iron, no, I don't think so. Heavy and so much easier to burn yourself. Use a hair dryer instead.

From "How Clean Is Your House" on the BBC network

Kim and Aggie teach to use hairspray on glossy surfaces to remove stickers and use mayonnaise on wood and other surfaces to remove stickers.

I tried this minus the steam, bad bad BAD idea. Use that steam.

Anonymous

This was helpful at first, but when I steamed my inside soles where the stickies were placed, it did not come off. Left residue on my shoes.