GlassCleaning

Gooey Stickers off Glass

How do I take a sticker off a window?

By N. Collins from MI

I've had good luck with a product called Goo Gone. It sells in a small bottle, maybe 8 ounces, and can be purchased at places like WalMart and Lowes.

http://www.magi … com/googone.aspx

W-D 40 spray it on and scrub it off. Works every time with very little effort.

I have heard using a hairdryer on the sticker will lift it right off.

Fingernail polish remover and some elbow grease.

Forgot to say a razor blade helps too.

Re-Mov silicone and adhesive remover works well with me and it also removes gum and lots of sticky messes. Lots more than goo gone or lift off. There web page is www.re-mov.com

I use SOS pads, they work great. I recycle my jars and cans and a lot of them have the glue strip on them to hold the labels and the SOS does the job

Believe it or not, good old peanut butter works. I've used it to remove many stickers, and the residue they leave.

Use a razor blade to get off as much as possible of the label or paper. Then use just a small piece of cotton, like in vitamin and Rx bottles, wear gloves and use some lighter fluid. It's really good at getting off gum, sticky stuff, even stains in clothes, you don't know what they are. Use lighter fluid and scrub the stain with it, then pre-treat with something that cleans oily stuff. It lifts all kinds of things.

WD40 works well for me. Good luck and keep us posted on what you do.

To get gooey stickers off glass, use a little lighter fluid and then scrape with a razor blade.

Kelly

Answers:

Gooey Stickers off Glass

I just saw your idea for using lighter fluid and razor blades to remove stickers from glass. I have something a lot safer and easier. If the glass can be put under running warm water put one drop of dish detergent and a little baking soda on the sticker. Rub the sticker off with a damp rag. Rinse off the glass under warm running water. The baking soda won't scratch the glass. I make homemade hurricane lamps and use this method to remove price tags from the glass globes and candle holders.

Mechele from Renick, Mo. (01/21/2004)

By ThriftyFun

Thrifty Tips for the Week of 1-23-2004

Here's another tip for removing price tags on glass items. If you don't need to use the glass immediately, put anything oily on the sticker. This will loosen the glue and make it easy to wash off. You can use cooking oil or shortening (such as Crisco). I even use peanut butter. Let it sit for a while, then wash off with warm water and a soft cloth. Repeat if necessary. (01/23/2004)

By 3grlmom

Thrifty Tips for the Week of 1-23-2004

I am a user of lighter fluid in place of the expensive "Goo Gone" and similar products. There is no need to use a razor blade. Just use a little patience. I wanted to use a covered pie pan from the grocery store deli to hold candy for a Valentine. It had a label on the clear plastic lid that was about 4 inches in diameter.

I squirted it with lighter fluid and let it set about 5 minutes. The entire label lifted off in one piece. I then washed the lid with hot soapy water and it left not a trace of label or glue. Lighter fluid, unlike oil, can be used to remove labels from magazines or that stamp that you need to put on a different envelope. It evaporates completely without a trace once you lift of the label.
(02/18/2004)

By Harlean from Hot Springs, AR

Gooey Stickers off Glass

I sprayed an old cologne all over the sticker and let it soak through for a minute or so and then I started to peel from the edge and it came off very easily. Cologne is mostly alcohol I believe. All the best.
El (04/17/2006)

By Elliot

Gooey Stickers off Glass

Selsun blue works, as well. (12/25/2006)

Gooey Stickers off Glass

Windex works really well really fast and is a lot safer and more convenient than a lot of other options. It really came in handy for those annoying price stickers that they use at stores for glass products. (12/24/2008)

By Windexisgod