Removing Sticker Residue on Clothing

Category Clothing
Size and price labels on clothing can leave sticky residue that can be difficult to remove. This is a guide about removing sticker residue on clothing.

White vinegar can be used for a multitude of cleaning purposes around the house, even removing sticker residue on clothing. This is a guide about white vinegar for removing sticker residue from clothing.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

This is a guide about removing sticky label residue on clothing. A sticker on new or old clothes can leave a residue that can be a challenge to remove.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I washed and dried a newly purchased top and then found that one of those clear size stickers was still on it (right down the middle of the front). I removed the sticker and now the fabric is sticky. How do I remove the sticky residue?

Answers

From Real Simple:
Pick off what you can, then wet the shirt and rub it with a microfiber cloth and a little dish soap to remove any residue. Soak the garment in warm water for 20 minutes, then air-dry.

I bought the shirt on eBay as, "new with tag". The same tag since the shirt sat on display for an entire golf season. There is a perfect ractangular tape strip discoloration where the adhesive attached the tag to the front of the shirt. What is the best way to remove this adhesive on the shirt without adding to my woes?

By Jeff

Answers

Take a q-tip (so you can be precise with what you are touching) and use nail polush remover, or the equivelant, like paint thinner or acetone. it will work, there is also goo gone.

How do I remove the sticky residue from a name tag on a shirt?

Pete from Waukesha, WI

Answers:

Sticker Residue on Clothing

Hi Pete, I'm from Watertown! Anyway, I always used Avon Skin-so-soft to remove my kids' sticker goo. Just rub it on, then add a little extra detergent on the area if you want (before putting it in the washer). This has saved so many of those shirts worn to the doctor visits. Skin-so-soft also works great for getting paint off of skin. A whole bottle lasts forever and has tons of uses, including getting stickers off the glass on picture frames, plastic items, etc. (10/23/2006)

By Kim

Sticker Residue on Clothing

Hi Mikki

Thanks for your feedback. I will definitely try that. It is one one my favorite shirts. Have a nice day! (10/23/2006)

By Pete

Sticker Residue on Clothing

A lot of adhesives can be removed with rubbing alcohol. (10/23/2006)

By pam

Sticker Residue on Clothing

I know this may sound weird, but wet the shirt you have until it is completely soaking wet, then take some peanut butter and completely cover the area with it. Massage it in for about two minutes or until you see the glue mixing in with the peanut butter, make sure all the glue has peeled off into the peanut butter, and then rinse out the peanut butter immediately. I just did this like 5 minutes ago after I washed/dried my favorite shirt that I left a name tag on. It works great! (06/13/2008)

By Megan