Make Bathmats Out of Towels

Instead of using bath rugs that are hard to keep clean, I use cheap small towels to step out of the tub on. I just replace it daily.

By Tammie from Auburn, GA

Be careful not to slip. We were advised at a class on home safety to check all bath mats to make sure they would not move when you step out of the shower on to them.

If you designate a few towels for this purpose you can put blobs of puff paint on one side. This will help to keep them from slipping. This also works for the bottoms of socks to wear around the house.

I've done this for several years. It works well. I use thick hand towels. After a bath or shower the towel is hung on a hook in the cupboard under the sink to dry.

Slipping isn't a problem for us. Wet feet dampen the towel and keep it from sliding on the floor. I use at least two a week. When my boys are home, I change these daily.

Then I use it afterward to wipe out the tub. :) Into the wash, it goes! I discovered this when I gave my mom her daily showers. Like the idea of the puffy paint on the bottom.

June 25, 2010 Flag

I needed to get some packing materials so I stopped at a thrift shop and bought some towels. I decided to select towels with pretty terry cloth patterns and when I got them home I cut off the ends, folded them in half and sewed around the edges (except for an area to turn it inside out). I turned it and hemmed the edge. It makes a great absorbent bath mat!

By paws and claws from Colorado

Answers:

Make Bathmats Out of Towels

I do something similar, I shop TJ Maxx or Marshalls for their "hand" towels. I say it like that as their "hand" towels are huge! I use them for bath mats, they are not AS absorbent but they can be changed easily and take the same amount of time to dry as the other towels (the thick bathmats sometimes take longer). (03/26/2009)

By michawnpita

Man on Bath Mats
Using Bath Mats
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating BathroomJune 25, 2010
Reusable Absorbent Towels
Make Reusable Absorbent Towels
A stack of colorful towels.
Tips for Buying Towels
Stack of Colored Towels
Saving Money on Towels
Stack of colorful towels.
Making Bath Towels More Absorbent
🎉
🎄