Noisy Water Heater

How do you service a water heater that makes noise inside?

By chip off the old block from Banning, CA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Call the city utility company, tell them about it, it could be dangerous if it's a gas heater. They will come cut off the gas for you until it's fixed. I had this same problem, found out the heater was clogged up and had to be cleaned out by the landlord. It was shooting fire out of the bottom of the heater, scared the crap out of me! Be careful, don't get too close to it.

Depends on what "noise" you are talking about. If it's after a shower, it can be filling up. It can also be full of sediment. Ours makes sounds just because, my husband is a plumber and says of course the newer ones make less noises. But noise could also be coming from the pipes too. There are so many reasons. I would take the tip to call the city and tell them what's going on, they can probably lead you to someone who can come assess it for free.

Home and Garden Repair Home MiscellaneousMay 20, 2009
Cleaning a Water Heater
Cleaning a Water Heater
Water Heater
Does My Water Heater Need To Be Replaced?
Water Heater
Troubleshooting a Water Heater
Maintaining Your Water Heater
Maintaining Your Water Heater
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 1:26:33 PM on 10.0.1.21 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.