Troubleshooting a Water Heater

Category Miscellaneous
Your water heater has stopped bringing the water up to temperature. Going through a troubleshooting process is one way to ascertain the cause so that you can make the repairs. This is a page about troubleshooting a water heater.

I'm having issues with my electric hot water heater; it seems like it's not getting any electricity. What can I do?

Answers

Best Answer

Electric heaters are a bit different from gas heaters. It sounds like your heating element is out in the heater and no matter if the heater is getting electricity or not it will not heat the water. In a lot of cases, this will cause the heater to burn up more electricity trying to heat and maintain the water temperature. You will need to call a company to come to your home to check the heater and see if it can be repaired or not. You may need to change out this heater.

Best Answer

You need to check your troubleshooting guide. If you can't find it - find the make and model of your water heater and research online.

Example general for troubleshoot electric water: www.thespruce.com/repair-an-electric-water-heater-1824636

I have had this problem but with gas. I had to Light the Water Heater Pilot Light. Initially I called for a free check and they told me I needed a new one at thousands of dollars. I had my dad come over and he helped me light the pilot light and has been working since (2 years+ since the issue!)

It is very humid right now. The electric water heater keeps going out. The landlord started to leave a fan on constantly down there for the humidity. This is very expensive leaving a fan on down there. I have an electric water heater where you hold in pilot and click a red button several times until it lights then put it to the level you want it. It keeps going out. Please help.

By sarah

Answers

If you have a pilot light, you don't have an electric water heater! Anybody searching this can find a million answers elsewhere, but if you don't fix things on a regular basis then call a professional. Search "water heater repair" plus the name of your city and state. Tell them if it's an emergency.

You could have a faulty circuit breaker. Here is a helpful article. homeguides.sfgate.com/can-cause-electric-water-heater-keep...

I can't seem to get my hot water heater to work. I have changed elements and the thermostat and I still have cold water. Please help.

By scott rippy

Answers

Check you circuit breaker in fuse box.

This is a page about a water heater tank not filling. If your water heater tank is not filling with water, there are a few things you can try before calling a plumber.

Water heater tank in a closet.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Repair Home MiscellaneousJune 2, 2013
🐛
😎
📓
😷
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Troubleshooting-a-Water-Heater-1.html