Troubleshooting a Water Heater

Category Miscellaneous
Your water heater has stopped bringing the water up to temperature. Going through a troubleshooting process is one way to ascertain the cause so that you can make the repairs. This is a guide about troubleshooting a water heater.

We been having cold weather. The low temperature is in single digits. I am thinking the water line might be frozen. I do not have a crawl space under the house because my home is on a concrete base. Could this have something to do with water not coming in?

Best Answer

It may kind of depend on where your water source comes in at before it enters the water heater whether it's frozen or not. Before calling a plumber, make sure that all the intake valves are open. Also it is possible that the tank is full of sediment. Maybe have a friend or family member come to check a few things before calling a plumber would save you a little. It may be a simple fix.

I can't seem to get my hot water heater to work. I have changed elements and the thermostat and I still have cold water. Please help.

By scott rippy

Check you circuit breaker in fuse box.

It is very humid right now. The electric water heater keeps going out. The landlord started to leave a fan on constantly down there for the humidity. This is very expensive leaving a fan on down there. I have an electric water heater where you hold in pilot and click a red button several times until it lights then put it to the level you want it. It keeps going out. Please help.

By sarah