Peaches and Pineapple (Manx Cats)

Peaches and Pineapple are siblings that I rescued from an old dilapidated plant nursery that was for sale. They were only 7 weeks old at the time and have never been apart from each other. They are Manx cats and have no tails. I trained them not to get on furniture, counter tops, etc. They are allowed only on one bed in the house and only the couch in the family room. They are trained to go to the potty outside. When they have to go potty, they scratch on the screen door to get out and they have little 12 foot ropes that I attach to their collars so they can go in the yard 12 feet in any direction. When they want back in the house they scratch on the door and I let them in. I have a litter box in the 4th bedroom for emergencies but they seldom use it. When I say "sit" they both immediately sit down and stay until I say "good girls!" At night I say "get in the bed" and they both lay down in the place of their choosing on the screened patio. They chase each other through the house and are hilarious to watch. By Carol from Spring Hill, FL

That's very unusual to find trained cats since they're so independent.

Adorable! We have had several manx cats through the years. They are very intelligent so I'm not surprised at all that they do what you tell them. Very pretty cats.

Very pretty cats! My daughter has a Manx and she is 13 years old. So they live a long time, if she is any indication. Her name is LuLu. Sounds like you have yours trained very well.

They are beautiful!! What a gift !

Grandma Jan & Kato the Wonder Dog

What lovely cats & clever names. I never tried to train any of my cats, thinking they are untrainable & just creatures of habit or instinct, but apparently not yours. I think I'd worry about them being tied up though, in case a stray dog or predator wandered into your yard. Here is a picture of my two "sisters", Roxie & Lola. I got them at about 5 weeks old from a construction site. They are 3 yrs. old now. I enjoyed seeing the picture of your "treasures" they are beauties.

I have a part Manx, partial according to the vet, who very much resembles the picture of your gray one. He also has only a stub for a tail. He is ten years old, very healthy and intelligent. He was a stray who came to my house begging for attention and food nine years ago. His companion is another cat of mine, Heidi, who is a Persian, with tuxedo markings, beautiful and sweet, but her intelligence does not compare to my Manx, named Max. When the sad time of Max's death comes I will adopt another Manx.

bettyeb2002 AT yahoo.com

Manx Cat
Manx Breed Information and Photos
Photos Pets CatsJanuary 16, 2009
Peaches Growing on a Tree with Blue Sky in Background
Growing Peaches
Someone peeling a a peach.
Peeling Peaches
Storing Pineapples, Canning Pineapples. Sliced fresh mini pineapple.
Freezing Pineapple
Frozen peach slices.
Freezing Peaches
🎄