Baxter The Cat

Baxter is 4 years old and he is just the average cat. I got him through a rescue center here called "Alley Cat Rescue". They were having an adoption-a-thon at the pet store. I knew he was the one for me when he was sitting there all alone. He was a Valentines Day present to myself.

For fun, Baxter likes to sleep and stare at lizards through the window.

By Denise from Florida

Baxter The Cat

Denise, Baxter is beautiful! He sounds like a little character too :-)

Awww, he was sitting there away from the crowd so you would notice him, it sounds like the perfect match was made. Valentine's Day will always be special for you.

I love how he likes to watch the lizards through the window, I'll bet that keeps him entertained until his next nap. lol

Thank you so much for sharing his story and his picture.

Northern Virginia

Baxter sounds like my kind of cat - fat and lazy! Ha! Give him a big kiss from Miss Kitty's Mom. God bless him and you!

So glad you & Baxter found each other ! I always buy my self a gift from my 5 cats for Xmas. I wrap it up beautifully & open it Xmas morning. I have no family to give me gifts. Years ago a Vet Nurse suggested that I buy myself a Mothers Day gift from my cats, as they can't get out to get me something. I now only get myself something really special for Xmas. Please give Baxter a cuddle for me.

Ohh, I loved your story, it sounded like he was lonely and just waiting for you to rescue him, that's great!! I think it's wonderful you've found each other, he's beautiful! I love his colors!

I was going to add that my cat was sitting all alone too when I found her, that's why I picked her. The other kittens were running around her, jumping around and playing but she was sitting there so quietly and cute by herself. Had to have her!

I'm usually a dog person, but Baxter is so adorable and your story is so sweet I had to add my 2 cents' worth. The others said it well - there's nothing average about Baxter!

Thank you all for your kind words! He really is the best cat in the world. He's just my fat, lazy baby! He's just so lovable!

Photos Pets CatsOctober 19, 2007
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
A cat door installed in an old door.
Teaching a Cat to Use a Cat Door
Cat Meowing
Preventing A Cat From Meowing
Girl with her has face painted like a black cat.
Making a Cat Costume