Pouches for Starting Seeds Indoors

To plant seeds and not take up a lot of space, use vinyl pouches and hang them on your windows with suction cups and water them with a turkey baster. This works well in a window that gets a lot of warm southern exposure light. I started my tomato seeds like this. At night, I use a light bulb and aluminum foil to keep them warm. They are over an inch high now and the leaves smell great like a tomato!

Source: Disney Fun Magazine Spring Issue in February I believe.

By Ginger from Westport, CT

Not sure what you are calling vinyl pouches, you are referring to what? could you explain?

I agree with Gardendreamer. What do you mean by a vinyl pouch? Please submit an explanation and if possible a picture.

I saw this tip in that magazine also, it was a neat idea & I thought about trying it myself, much better than the old way of seeds in cups & jars for kids to watch! For those that asked, the vinyl pouches were the kind you put photos or collector cards (baseball-type) in. They already have the holes punched for the binder,you hang them on the suction.

Seed Starts by Window
Starting Seeds Indoors
Home and Garden Gardening SeasonalApril 1, 2011
Juice Pouch
Selling Juice Pouches for Crafts
Trumpet Vine Seed Pods
Starting a Trumpet Vine From Seed Pods
How To Start Tomato Seeds
Starting Tomato Seeds
Juice Pouches
Buying Empty Juice Pouches
🎉
🎄