Removing Perfume Smell

With perfume, a little goes a long way, too much and the lovely fragrance can be overwhelming. Removing the excess from your skin or perhaps a lingering odor in a room can be done easily. This is a guide about removing perfume smell.

April 13, 2006 Flag

Most people don't even realize they are wearing too much perfume. If you can still smell your perfume a half hour after putting it on, you likely are wearing too much. To help prevent putting too much on, spray it in front of you and then walk through the spray. To remove excess perfume, make a paste of water and baking soda and rub it where you applied the perfume, then rinse off the area with water.

By ThriftyFun

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Many folks treat perfume like they are dynamiting fish. It is supposed to be subtle, make them want to come closer to identify it, not stun them at 30 paces. Right now, I have a problem. Brand new bra that I accidentally used scented arm and hammer on. I wash them in the sink and thought I had bought unscented laundry soap. I accidentally got "Clean Burst" instead. I have washed it in the sink over and over, and in the machine with baking soda. It still reeks. I can't wear it. I am going to try soaking it in a vinegar solution overnight and washing again. After that, if its not better, it goes to the Goodwill and I buy another brand new one. It reeks. I used my kid's nose to make sure its not just me and it gave him breathing problems immediately.

April 18, 2005 Flag

I sprayed too much perfume on me today. I hate when others do it and I want to control the smell. I've tried to dampen a napkin and wipe the smell of a bit but it didn't work too well. Can anyway help me out. I don't want to kill everyone in the office.

Johanna

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Rubbing alcohol works to cut down on the smell. Just rub over same spot as perfume.

Best Answer

After trying out a new fragrance I put too much on too! I sprayed hairspray lightly over the areas I put the perfume and it really helped! THANK YOU!

Best Answer

I did the same thing to myself this morning. Too much perfume came out in one spritz all over my sweater. I gag every time I inhaled the stuff!

But found a new remedy to tone down the perfume! I'm at my office and lo and behold...I have Hand Sanitizer on my desk. I rubbed it on my hands and wiped it on my sweater.

Ahhh.I can breath again!

Best Answer

Use Non Scented hand lotion...put it on wherever you sprayed the perfume. It eases it a little bit.

I think you can use rubbing alcohol where you've sprayed and it will cut the fragrance.

Good Luck!

I've noticed that after I re-spritz my hair with hair spray after a particularily powerful perfume moment, that the smell isn't as strong. It could be the alcohol in the hair spray. Hope this works for you ...

we went away and when my luggage arrived there was a hole in a bottle of my perfume the whole bottle leaked into the suitcase and now i cant get rid of the odor, please help it was a borrowed suitcase and i need to give it back without the smell.

thanks""""

Hi Ann,

We posted this as a new request:

http://www.thri  f994782.tip.html

I hardly ever wear perfume, but today I overdid it. EEk--Almost gave myself a headache! Luckily, I always have a bottle of hand sanitizer handy so I tried that trick and it worked like a charm--yay!

Tolerance is the only solution :) Or sit with anyone in office, whom you want to kill :p

September 9, 2005 Flag

I had company over the weekend, she used way too much perfume. How can I get the smell out of the whole room? I have laundered some things and tried laying others outside. I sprayed clorox on the bathroom floor and the smell still is making me sick. I feel like I am going to have to move!

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I have air cleaners that plug right into the wall. I bought them at the grocery and Target. They cost about $25.00 and have an on/off switch. It cleans the air "no perfumes". I can't stand the Glade air cover things cause that is all any of that stuff does is cover up, but this is like a mini HEPA filter.

Best Answer

Try spraying vinegar in the room. Also, try setting out a bowl of charcoal (that you grill with). The coffee grounds work also.

You could try placing shallow containers of fresh coffee grounds around the room or try cinnamon. I have put cinnamon in a fry pan and put on low heat to remove odors. If you have an electric fry pan, or slo-cooker you could use that instead of a fry pan on your range.

A member of my family smokes when my DH is at work. He is very allergic to smoke. So I spray with OUST a couple of times and it does the trick. You can get it at supermarkets, drug stores, Walmart, just about anywhere.

I hate that too!

I have been chemical/Perfume sensitive for years.. one thing that I found that works well in the house or if someone gets perfume (scents) in your car is to put coffee grounds around the area... you could put some coffee grounds in a brown paper bag (or you can buy those little prepackaged coffee things). then put them wherever the odor is.. you can lay them on your furniture set them in your car.. this also works well to get the smell out of old furniture that is moldy smelling.

Note.. even the cheapest coffee works very well, so you don't have to spend much money on this great trick...

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsAugust 14, 2013
Old Perfume Bottle
Uses for Old Perfume Bottles
Woman applying perfume to wrist.
Using Perfume
Perfume Bottles
Shelf Life of Perfume
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 8:31:49 PM on 10.0.2.145 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.