Removing Perfume Smell

Category Odors
Woman spraying perfume into the air.
With perfume, a little goes a long way, too much and the lovely fragrance can be overwhelming. Removing the excess from your skin or perhaps a lingering odor in a room can be done easily. This is a guide about removing perfume smell.

Most people don't even realize they are wearing too much perfume. If you can still smell your perfume a half hour after putting it on, you likely are wearing too much. To help prevent putting too much on, spray it in front of you and then walk through the spray. To remove excess perfume, make a paste of water and baking soda and rub it where you applied the perfume, then rinse off the area with water.

By ThriftyFun

I sprayed too much perfume on me today. I hate when others do it and I want to control the smell. I've tried to dampen a napkin and wipe the smell of a bit but it didn't work too well. Can anyway help me out. I don't want to kill everyone in the office.

Johanna

Best Answer

Rubbing alcohol works to cut down on the smell. Just rub over same spot as perfume.

Best Answer

After trying out a new fragrance I put too much on too! I sprayed hairspray lightly over the areas I put the perfume and it really helped! THANK YOU!

Best Answer

I did the same thing to myself this morning. Too much perfume came out in one spritz all over my sweater. I gag every time I inhaled the stuff!

But found a new remedy to tone down the perfume! I'm at my office and lo and behold...I have Hand Sanitizer on my desk. I rubbed it on my hands and wiped it on my sweater.

Ahhh.I can breath again!

Best Answer

Use Non Scented hand lotion...put it on wherever you sprayed the perfume. It eases it a little bit.

I had company over the weekend, she used way too much perfume. How can I get the smell out of the whole room? I have laundered some things and tried laying others outside. I sprayed clorox on the bathroom floor and the smell still is making me sick. I feel like I am going to have to move!

Best Answer

I have air cleaners that plug right into the wall. I bought them at the grocery and Target. They cost about $25.00 and have an on/off switch. It cleans the air "no perfumes". I can't stand the Glade air cover things cause that is all any of that stuff does is cover up, but this is like a mini HEPA filter.

Best Answer

Try spraying vinegar in the room. Also, try setting out a bowl of charcoal (that you grill with). The coffee grounds work also.

I recently purchased a condo that has a strong perfume smell. We need to find the source as it is causing nausea. It smells like Febreze or those scents people use in electrical plugs. There are no visible signs. Opening windows and painting the walls does not help. Thank you.

Open the windows and let the apartment air out.

You may have to clean your AC vents/duct-work as the odor/perfume was probably used a lot and that means it is clinging to the walls of your duct-work. This means that every time you turn on your AC you are redistributing the odor.

This odor also gets in the carpet so that might also be a source.

A really good AC filter may help but you may have to go with a thorough cleaning of your AC and furnace system.

It can also be on your kitchen cabinets so just take a good wood cleaner and wipe one of your cabinet doors and see what you "catch".

Here is a link to a site (advertisement) but has good suggestions.

https://www.hva … proven-solutions

Try to air out your condo with the help of fans and open all the windows. All steam clean the carpets to reduce odor.