Removing Perfume Smell

Category Odors
With perfume, a little goes a long way, too much and the lovely fragrance can be overwhelming. Removing the excess from your skin or perhaps a lingering odor in a room can be done easily. This is a guide about removing perfume smell.

Most people don't even realize they are wearing too much perfume. If you can still smell your perfume a half hour after putting it on, you likely are wearing too much. To help prevent putting too much on, spray it in front of you and then walk through the spray. To remove excess perfume, make a paste of water and baking soda and rub it where you applied the perfume, then rinse off the area with water.

By ThriftyFun

Using a tablespoon of unscented automatic dishwasher detergent, along with your regular unscented detergent, removes the waxy, odor-containing stuff from a load of laundry. However if the washing machine itself is causing the odor, it may take a lot more work, depending on how badly the machine's been contaminated with 'u-reek!-uh' products.

I sprayed too much perfume on me today. I hate when others do it and I want to control the smell. I've tried to dampen a napkin and wipe the smell of a bit but it didn't work too well. Can anyway help me out. I don't want to kill everyone in the office.

Johanna

Best Answer

Rubbing alcohol works to cut down on the smell. Just rub over same spot as perfume.

Best Answer

After trying out a new fragrance I put too much on too! I sprayed hairspray lightly over the areas I put the perfume and it really helped! THANK YOU!

Best Answer

I did the same thing to myself this morning. Too much perfume came out in one spritz all over my sweater. I gag every time I inhaled the stuff!

But found a new remedy to tone down the perfume! I'm at my office and lo and behold...I have Hand Sanitizer on my desk. I rubbed it on my hands and wiped it on my sweater.

Ahhh.I can breath again!

Best Answer

Use Non Scented hand lotion...put it on wherever you sprayed the perfume. It eases it a little bit.

I think you can use rubbing alcohol where you've sprayed and it will cut the fragrance.

Good Luck!

I've noticed that after I re-spritz my hair with hair spray after a particularily powerful perfume moment, that the smell isn't as strong. It could be the alcohol in the hair spray. Hope this works for you ...

we went away and when my luggage arrived there was a hole in a bottle of my perfume the whole bottle leaked into the suitcase and now i cant get rid of the odor, please help it was a borrowed suitcase and i need to give it back without the smell.

thanks""""

Hi Ann,

We posted this as a new request:

http://www.thri  f994782.tip.html

I hardly ever wear perfume, but today I overdid it. EEk--Almost gave myself a headache! Luckily, I always have a bottle of hand sanitizer handy so I tried that trick and it worked like a charm--yay!

Anonymous

Tolerance is the only solution :) Or sit with anyone in office, whom you want to kill :p

I had company over the weekend, she used way too much perfume. How can I get the smell out of the whole room? I have laundered some things and tried laying others outside. I sprayed clorox on the bathroom floor and the smell still is making me sick. I feel like I am going to have to move!

Best Answer

I have air cleaners that plug right into the wall. I bought them at the grocery and Target. They cost about $25.00 and have an on/off switch. It cleans the air "no perfumes". I can't stand the Glade air cover things cause that is all any of that stuff does is cover up, but this is like a mini HEPA filter.

Best Answer

Try spraying vinegar in the room. Also, try setting out a bowl of charcoal (that you grill with). The coffee grounds work also.

You could try placing shallow containers of fresh coffee grounds around the room or try cinnamon. I have put cinnamon in a fry pan and put on low heat to remove odors. If you have an electric fry pan, or slo-cooker you could use that instead of a fry pan on your range.

A member of my family smokes when my DH is at work. He is very allergic to smoke. So I spray with OUST a couple of times and it does the trick. You can get it at supermarkets, drug stores, Walmart, just about anywhere.

I hate that too!

I have been chemical/Perfume sensitive for years.. one thing that I found that works well in the house or if someone gets perfume (scents) in your car is to put coffee grounds around the area... you could put some coffee grounds in a brown paper bag (or you can buy those little prepackaged coffee things). then put them wherever the odor is.. you can lay them on your furniture set them in your car.. this also works well to get the smell out of old furniture that is moldy smelling.

Note.. even the cheapest coffee works very well, so you don't have to spend much money on this great trick...

Anonymous

Unscented febrese. Just spray it on yourself