Automatic Refills at Walgreens

I was constantly checking medicine bottles for refill dates. I discovered automatic refills at Walgreens. I set all of my husband's medications and mine on automatic refills and Walgreens e mails me when the prescriptions are ready. Walgreens has a wonderful web site full of perks. I also set up express pay with my credit card which speeds up the line at the drive through.

There is also a section to set up personal reminders and they will e mail you the reminder on the date you choose. This is good for doctor's appointments or anything you need to be reminded of.

Walgreens is also offering $10 off of a prescription the first time you refill it via on line. You can also look up the side affects of the medications you are on.

I have found that dealing with one pharmacy is safer as they check for adverse affects that other medications you are on might have on a newly prescribed medication. Tax time is easy as you can print your medication expenditures online.

I am sure other major chain drug stores have these perks as well. I am just familiar with Walgreens. Dealing with a major chain enables you to get prescriptions refilled if you are out of town unexpectedly also.

By susanb from Columbia, SC

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Thank you for that nice post about Walgreens. My darling hubby is a Manager at a Walgreens here in FL. :-) No, Susanb is not related to me! LOL

I don't have a Walgreens real close to me but Target also will do auto refills and if your prescription has no more refills left they will call the doctors office for you. My mom uses Target in another state and i know she has been able to get a list of all the different meds she has been on which is very helpful when going to a new doctor. If you watch their ads they sometimes will give a free $5 or $10 dollar gift card with a new or transferred prescription. They also have $4 generic drugs.

Last fall we transferred our prescriptions to Walgreens because we were going to spend a few months in another state. We can get our refills in both states now, which is very convenient. I have found their prices are not always the cheapest but they do have good service.

Comment

Health & Beauty Prescription DrugsApril 23, 2010
hand soap dispenser
Refilling Hand Soap Dispensers
ScoopFree Automatic Litter Box
ScoopFree Automatic Litter Box Reviews
Plugin Air Freshener
Saving Money on Glade Plugins Refills
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 25, 2016 at 5:27:49 PM on 10.0.2.144 in 547 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.