Saving Money on Glade Plugins Refills

Category Cleaning
Glade Plugins are a popular and air freshener. However, the refills can be pricey. This is a guide about saving money on Glade Plugins.

There has been a lot of discussion over the years about how to refill Glade Plug-ins rather than throwing them in the trash. This page collects advice about refilling glade plug-ins.

Plug-in Air Freshener

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Is there a way I can make my own oil to refill a Glade Plug-in container?

Answers

I wouldn't. These have been linked to several house fires as it is. If you made a refill and it had a different melting point, it could be very hazardous.

Instructibles has an article on this. They also have a warning to test it out before leaving the room. https://www.goo  ue?client=safari

Is there a homemade refill for Glade plugins?

By Diana from Gray, TN

Answers

I know this may sound crazy but we on set incomes make do .I buy the large bottles of liquid fresher like goes in the warmer pot ( can get at a Dollar General for 1.50 or so) and pop the tops off my glade bottle and put it into them. A whole lot cheaper than buying a refill bottle. I have also been know to buy a bottle of cologne and diluting it slightly and using it. Hope this helps.

Thanks so much. I read and went hmm, good idea.

I'm experimenting right now, I have old plug-ins and hate the smell of those oil burners. I love essential oils and have a diffuser, but I'm wanting essential oil plug ins. (I know there is an EO brand, but have read they don't last long and I like to customize my oils anyway).
I took apart the fake fragrance plug-in and am soaking in baking soda and vinegar all the pieces, minus the actual plug-in! Then I'll soak in alcohol. And repeat if necessary (which I'm sure it will be as the toxic oils are so strong).

Then I'll fill with maybe witch hazel, jojoba oil, and essential oils. If anyone has any better suggestions please respond!

By Holly