Swing And Jump

This is the homemade version of a toy you can buy at a toy store or through a catalog. Crafting Time: 15 - 30 minutes

Materials:

Ring for around the leg with ball attached for children's game.

Directions:

1. Cut the center from the plastic lid to make a ring.
  2. Tie one end of your piece of string to the ring.
  3. Wrap the ring with electrical tape. The tape will also cover the knot in the string.
  4. Tie the small whiffle ball to the loose end of the string. Place a dab of glue on the knot to secure.

To play, slide the ring over your right foot and up around your ankle. Swing your right foot to rotate the ring and get the ball moving around your leg in a big circle. As the ball moves around, you must jump over the string with your left foot each time.

By Marie E. Cecchini from West Dundee, IL

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I remember this when I was a kid,it was one of my favorite toys.We used to call it a "footsie".I don't know what they call them today.This is a great idea!

I've tried to explain that toy to people many times. I've never been able to find the name of it! I didn't even know it was still available.

Great idea for making your own.

boy does this ever bring back the childhood memories.. i played this a lot growing up

Wow! There used to be a version of this when i was young...it was called the LemonTwist. The ball was yellow and in the shape of a lemon. My girls are going to think this is an easy craft to make for summer fun. THANKS!! :)

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Craft: Jump Ring Earrings
Making Jump Ring Earrings
Jumper Cables
Jump Starting a Car Battery
Making a Rope Swing
Making a Rope Swing
Patio Swing
Replacing Canopy on a Patio Swing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 5:42:47 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 707 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.