Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>
Ring for around the leg with ball attached for children's game.

This is the homemade version of a toy you can buy at a toy store or through a catalog. Crafting Time: 15 - 30 minutes

Materials:

• 5 inch plastic lid from a coffee can
  • scissors
  • 18 inch piece of string
  • electrical tape
  • small whiffle ball
  • craft glue

Directions:

1. Cut the center from the plastic lid to make a ring.
  2. Tie one end of your piece of string to the ring.
  3. Wrap the ring with electrical tape. The tape will also cover the knot in the string.
  4. Tie the small whiffle ball to the loose end of the string. Place a dab of glue on the knot to secure.

To play, slide the ring over your right foot and up around your ankle. Swing your right foot to rotate the ring and get the ball moving around your leg in a big circle. As the ball moves around, you must jump over the string with your left foot each time.

By Marie E. Cecchini from West Dundee, IL

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By MaryAlice (Guest Post)06/19/2007

Wow! There used to be a version of this when i was young...it was called the LemonTwist. The ball was yellow and in the shape of a lemon. My girls are going to think this is an easy craft to make for summer fun. THANKS!! :)

By suzanne [240]06/19/2007

boy does this ever bring back the childhood memories.. i played this a lot growing up

RE: Swing And Jump

By (Guest Post)06/18/2007

I've tried to explain that toy to people many times. I've never been able to find the name of it! I didn't even know it was still available.

Great idea for making your own.

By Susie (Guest Post)06/15/2007

I remember this when I was a kid,it was one of my favorite toys.We used to call it a "footsie".I don't know what they call them today.This is a great idea!

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.