Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About
Ring for around the leg with ball attached for children's game.

This is the homemade version of a toy you can buy at a toy store or through a catalog. Crafting Time: 15 - 30 minutes

Materials:

• 5 inch plastic lid from a coffee can
  • scissors
  • 18 inch piece of string
  • electrical tape
  • small whiffle ball
  • craft glue

Directions:

1. Cut the center from the plastic lid to make a ring.
  2. Tie one end of your piece of string to the ring.
  3. Wrap the ring with electrical tape. The tape will also cover the knot in the string.
  4. Tie the small whiffle ball to the loose end of the string. Place a dab of glue on the knot to secure.

To play, slide the ring over your right foot and up around your ankle. Swing your right foot to rotate the ring and get the ball moving around your leg in a big circle. As the ball moves around, you must jump over the string with your left foot each time.

By Marie E. Cecchini from West Dundee, IL

By

By Susie (Guest Post) 06/15/2007 Flag

I remember this when I was a kid,it was one of my favorite toys.We used to call it a "footsie".I don't know what they call them today.This is a great idea!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By (Guest Post) 06/18/2007 Flag

I've tried to explain that toy to people many times. I've never been able to find the name of it! I didn't even know it was still available.

Great idea for making your own.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By suzanne 277 750 06/19/2007 Flag

boy does this ever bring back the childhood memories.. i played this a lot growing up

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By MaryAlice (Guest Post) 06/19/2007 Flag

Wow! There used to be a version of this when i was young...it was called the LemonTwist. The ball was yellow and in the shape of a lemon. My girls are going to think this is an easy craft to make for summer fun. THANKS!! :)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Post a Comment