Making a Replacement Canopy for an Outdoor Swing

Category Outdoor
This page is about making a replacement canopy for an outdoor swing. When the awning for an outdoor swing gets torn or tattered you may be able to fashion a new canopy.

Can anyone give me simple ideas to replace a torn canopy for my 3-person swing? Has anyone replaced the bench seat covering as well and if so, how?
Thank you!

Answers

The author of the article replaced the canopy with a tarp. 20somethingfinance.com/.../

Thank you for your article...I will try a tarp if I can find a tan one. The heavier plastic drop cloth will get me through a season when I used that on bench seat...when it rains I just brush the water off so it dries quickly.

Then I use a plain tan sheet to cover it with anytime we sit on it...due to the pollen and birds that love to leave stuff behind on my swing, I remove the sheet when we aren't sitting out on it & store it in a bag.

Has anyone made a replacement canopy for an outdoor swing?

By Betty

Answers:

How Do I Make a Replacement Canopy for an Outdoor Swing?

I went to Home Depot and bought a vinyl outdoor rollup shade in green. I attached it to my lawn swing I have had over 30 years. It has served me well for at least 4 years now. It can be cut down on the edges to fit any swing. I leave it up winter and summer and just spray wash it.

(04/28/2010)

By Mary C.

Sometimes people toss old seldom used slide-projector roll-up white reflective screens away which would make excellent fabric for your needs and about the right size, I believe. My prayer for you is that God will bless and help you to find one, curbside, for free, in the name of Jesus. Amen. (05/01/2010)

By lynda

Home and Garden Repair Furniture OutdoorJuly 22, 2016
🎃