Repair Reading Glasses with Toy Train Screws

I am hard on my reading glasses. I have 6 pairs that have one side or the other of the ear piece broken off. I keep the pieces, hoping one day to fix them somehow, but on each one a part of the top where the tiny screw holds them together had broken off. My husband remembered seeing tiny screws and bolts at the hardware store. They were the type used for model train pieces. We brought some home and it worked great! The glasses no longer have only one ear piece. We fixed all 6 pair the same way.

By Monica from Cortez, CO

Good thinking, but you can buy the repair kits a lot of places, including the dollar store.