Well Grease Stain on Sweatshirt

I have two really big grease stains from well grease on my sweatshirt. I have tried washing it and it didn't come out. This is my favorite sweatshirt. Please help!

Sabrina from Santa Rosa, CA

I don't know about well grease, but for all oil-based stains I swear by liquid dishwashing liquid that is made for greasy dishes. Squirt some on the stain, scrub with your fingertips, and then throw the clothing in the washing machine. Hope it saves your favorite sweatshirt!

Many fast food restaurant managers/employees & mechanics use Simple Green on their laundry. For stains, pour it on the stain directly. Launder a load w/ Simple Green in addition to or instead of detergent. Do not put any stained item into the dryer until the stain is gone to your satisfaction. The heat will help "set" the stain. You might need to re-wash a garment several times before drying. You can hang it to dry in between these washings if needed, however.

Use shampoo. Let it soak an hour or so. Don't put in dryer till the stain is gone. This hint came from Linda Cobb's book. She's the cleaning expert. It works.

Make sure the dishwashing liquid is Dawn.

Same thing happened to me. I bought Zout stain remover. I sprayed it on both my polo shirts. One came out the other didn't. I tried it the second time. I rubbed the zout in this time. The stain disappeared! Hope this helps!

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJanuary 24, 2006
Sweatshirt Logo
Removing a Logo From a Sweatshirt
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper
🎉
🎄