Keeping Those Buttons On

When my twin boys were in grade school, one of them always came home from school missing a button. It was very frustrating, but they were very good at keeping the button and bring it home.

Then it hit me! They couldn't resist pulling that little lead thread to see the button come off really quick. But I fixed them good, I dropped a very small dab of nail glue on the reverse side of the button, where it is sewn through the fabric. It worked perfectly. Be very careful not to drip on other areas of the garment, I protected it with paper towels.

Even those little boys thought that was a great idea, and I'm am still tempted to do it now, even though they are 22 years old. ;)

By NinaL

To keep buttons on (anything) turn to the wrong side of fabric and put just a small drop of clear fingernail polish on the threads. Have never lost a button yet.

By Jessica

You can also use dental floss to keep the buttons on. I used this when my husband worked in construction. Just thread and sew through the holes once and tie off. Won't come off.

Many Colorful Buttons
Saving Money on Buttons
Crafts SewingOctober 6, 2004
A sock puppet with a button for a nose.
Craft Ideas Using Buttons
Vintage Button Cover
Protecting Delicate or Vintage Buttons in the Wash
Sewing on Buttons for Crafts, threading needle with white thread.
Sewing Buttons On Crafts
Closeup of Sewing Buttons On Clothing
Sewing Buttons On Clothing
🎉
🎄