Sorting Craft Beads or Buttons

Category Crafts
Sorting beads and buttons by size and color are a normal part of working with these craft supplies. There are some neat ideas in this guide about sorting craft beads or buttons.

I often work with buttons and beads. Pouring them out into a bowl or cup just takes up more room on the small work table. So yesterday, I decided to make a sorting space where I can see and sort tiny things without having them roll off onto the floor. My feet and vacuum are happier for it.

Just put some of your epoxy glue on the top of a jar lid that you turned over, and weigh it down over night. N-JOY!!

If you work in beads, you know that certain sizes should stay together, even within their color. But who wants to hand-pick through beads just to separate them. I sure don't. So I was recycling one of the Dollar Tree scented bead air fresheners the other day and kept this handy little lid. Today it hit me like a big bag of beads!

Put a cup underneath and set this on the top. I didn't tape it because I was just doing the demo, but you might want to. Or pick the bottom piece so that it's just slightly bigger than the lid, so the lid sets inside just a bit.

Pour the beads in the top and the smaller ones will fall through the holes and stay separated in the bottom. Bag both in tiny zipper bags and you are set! N-JOY!