Sorting Buttons or Beads

contest winner icon
I often work with buttons and beads. Pouring them out into a bowl or cup just takes up more room on the small work table. So yesterday, I decided to make a sorting space where I can see and sort tiny things without having them roll off onto the floor. My feet and vacuum are happier for it.

Just put some of your epoxy glue on the top of a jar lid that you turned over, and weigh it down over night. N-JOY!!

Huh?

uh, I am sorry, I don't get what you did to sort the buttons and beads?? glue on top of the lid and.....

@Coweja, she placed the epoxy on the top of the lid weighed it down to adhere and it looks like another lid was placed upside down open on that lid and it doesn't move.

So did I went "Huh ?" Linda ! but I I think it is just a confusion in the title between verbs 'sorting' and 'storing', still it is very useful as two jars on top of each other take less room than two jars side by side. It is a good trick and it is important to think of the storing before sorting because I remember many times starting sorting buttons and then realizing that I would never have time to finish and in the end, having to put them back altogether where they were before, which meant having wasted a few hours for nothing else but just this little piece of knowledge from the time wasted: when sorting buttons or pearls by colors it is easier to always leave a color that makes a strong contrast.

What I mean is that it is easier to spot pale pink buttons when they are mixed with black buttons than when they are mixed with others pale colors.

I am not sure where the confusion is. It's not "storing" it is "sorting". You pour the beads/buttons into the lid to sort them while you are using them.

There are no "two jars on top of each other". There are two lids, one on the jar and one on top of it so you can sort the buttons and beads inside the jar. I would never have two jars attached at the lids, it would be unstable as they are glass and would topple over.

I hope this clears up the "huh".

I think that is a fantastic idea... what a clever girl!