Bringing Mayo For Your Lunch

When making a turkey sandwich, what type of separate container can you put the mayo in? I don't like to add the mayo in the a.m. because by lunch time the bread will be soggy. I didn't know if you could buy the small mayo packets (like the little ketchup packets you get from fast food restaurant) or is there something else I could put the mayo in until lunch time and then add it to my sandwich. Any suggestions?

Onesummer

My daughter likes to take salad sometimes for lunch, so I put the salad dressing in the smallest reusable container I can find, like Rubbermaid or Ziploc. They don't take up too much space in her lunch bag and are environmentally friendly to boot!

I have also used a sandwich bag in a pinch. I just put the salad dressing in a corner of the, tie it off, then she snips the tip off the corner and squeezes the dressing out. Maybe one of these ideas will work for your mayo. Happy brown bagging!

You can put in a small tuperware container.

There's all sorts of small containers you could save. Off the top of my head tho, if you have any empty prescription bottles, I think those would work well. Just wash out and put however much mayo you think you'll need. Maybe you could just make up a little bit in a piece of foil that you fold over and then set that down in a ziploc bag or plastic container or put some on a piece of wax paper and down in something else and then the foil or wax paper can be pitched.

Well, I know you can get the little packets at restaurant supply stores like Gordon's Food Service or at Costco and Sams.

I would use the teeny keychain Tupperware containers, or a small pillbox, or save one of those little plastic containers that come with the salad dressing from the deli or grocery store.

The job I have now has a full refrigerator, so I bought one of the squeeze bottles and put my name on it and keep it here. Maybe you could also explore that?

My husband is a truck driver and has had the same problem so we now put his mayo in the corner of a sandwich bag and twist it down tight then put a twist tie on it.

Awhile back ago I saw this ad on tv about this container you keep in your cabinet and it was a spin to it and you keep all your different plastic stuff with the lids. You can get them at Wal-Mart for about 20 bucks and they have 3 sizes hubby likes them because the containers are not all over the place and you can see what is inside and the lids match all 3 sizes. I would put the mayo in the small one and then just brown bag with a freezer pack to keep it cold or go to the dollar store and find a real small one and when you go to a fast food place and ask for some extra mayo packs and just keep them in your lunch kettle for another time. Just a thought.

I put the mayo on the lunch meat then lay some lettuce or cheese on top. The lettuce/cheese acts as a barrier so the bread doesn't get soggy.

I prefer cfbandit's solution, but if the condiment varies (mustard, catsup, mayo, etc), then I'd recommend purchasing a supply of small plastic ziplock bags... I purchased some for my after-lunch vitamins and I've found other uses for them that I never anticipated :)

example source: http://www.uline.com/Group_5.asp?pricode=wg383

Other sources on the internet...

Remember mayo has to be kept refrigerated, or it will make you sick, unlike other sandwich spreads.

Food and Recipes Food Tips School and Work LunchJuly 31, 2008
A girl eating packed lunch at school.
School Lunch Ideas
Cinco de Mayo
Cinco de Mayo Float Ideas
Woman Celebrating Cinco de Mayo
Celebrating Cinco de Mayo
Cajun Mayo
Cajun Mayo Recipes
🎉
🎄