Looking for Smokey Less Sweet BBQ Sauce

What is your favorite BBQ sauce that has more of a smoked flavor and is not too sweet?

By Onesummer

Liquid Smoke BBQ Sauce

Makes 4 cups

3 1/2 cups ketchup (I make my own and it tastes just fine in this recipe)

1/2 cup brown sugar

3 tablespoons liquid smoke

1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1/2 teaspoon celery seed

Blend together and serve with any meat.

A word from the cook: Adjust ingredients to your own tastebuds. This is really good with Pulled Pork.

I'm with you "Onesummer". I like the flavors of good BBQ sauce, but most of them are too sweet for me, too. Let us know if you find a great one. "Sooz", thanks, your recipe suggestion sounds promising. I might try this one without the brown sugar.

Honestly, the ketchup is enough sweet for me. However, I'm a HUGE fan of the mustard based sauces for pulled pork. I know I'm in the minority on this one, but my tastebud mindset is that "sweet and meat should rarely meet!" :-) Looking forward to other comments and ideas for this thread topic.

Consumer Advice General AdviceDecember 8, 2010
Peanut Sauce Recipes, Pork satay with peanut sauce dip.
Peanut Sauce Recipes
Homemade Barbecue Sauce
Homemade Barbecue Sauce Recipes
BBQ Chicken Pizza
BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipes
Serving bbq ribs to a large group.
Making BBQ for a Large Group