Heart Attack Cake

Bake a white cake (such as Betty Crocker's) according to package directions. Let cool. Poke holes into cake with handle of wooden spoon. Pour a can of cream of coconut into the holes. Cool completely in the refrigerator. Cover with Cool Whip. Sprinkle shredded coconut on top . . . as my grandson calls it, my heart attack cake.

By Tina from Ashtabula, Ohio

I cannot find 'cream of coconut'

Is coconut milk the same, or would it work???

This cake sounds really good, I'm hoping to give it a try.

Cream of coconut can be found in the liquor section of most grocery stores. It's used in Pina Coladas & is the consistency of sweetened condensed milk. I doubt that just plain coconut milk would work. I've had this cake before, it's absolutely heavenly!!

Tina, try this variation: Bake any flavor of cake you want and poke holes in it with the wooden spoon. Pour a whole can of Eagle Brand Milk in the holes and over the top of the cake. Mix the coconut into the Cool Whip and frost with it. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours and prepare yourself for a delicious cake! My dad used to tell people when he prepared a rich dish, that he took all the calories out!

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CakesJuly 11, 2006
Christmas Heart Ornaments
Christmas Heart Ornaments
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Vanilla cake with filling and vanilla frosting.
Vanilla Cake Recipes