Lightening Dark Brown Hair

My hair is dark brown with color build up. I want to go light brown but not too light. What is the best thing for me to do?

By Kieren

How often have you colored it and how long do you wait between coloring? If you have a lot of color, I would let it grow out then color it the color you want. If you don't want to wait that long, look at hair coloring kits in your local discount stores and see what results you will get with the different shades of color. You should be able to find something you like.

I use a product by Loreal Technique called Color Zap and buy it at Sally Beauty stores. They also have a website: sallybeauty.com and I would think you'd find it there too. It's not expensive, if I remember correctly it was under $7.

I dragged color through my hair too often and my hair became black and harsh. I bought a coloring brush from Sally Beauty with a long pointed tail; easy to buy and inexpensive. I used Color Zap and made 'low lights' in my hair by streaking it through my hair in sections. I am pleased with the results. It's easy to use too.

Hope you have as much luck as I did if you decide to try it.

I'd advise experimenting with a timer, see instructions of course, to see how long you should leave it on your hair.

Good luck.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ColoringJuly 13, 2011
Dark Eyebrows
How to Lighten Dark Eyebrows
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 16, 2016 at 1:35:13 PM on 10.0.0.107 in 967 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.