Lightening Dark Brown Hair

Category Coloring
Trying to lighten your naturally dark hair can have some unexpected results. This is a guide about lightening dark brown hair.

My hair is dark brown. Recently I wanted to have a light color so I tried a color which turned darker after 1 day. I applied a dark blonde color, but it still doesn't appear lighter and after 2 days I applied chocolate blonde, but it was still not lighter. Then I applied hydrogen peroxide to take off the recent dark color and once again colored it chocolate blonde, but it still didn't work. Then after 2 hours I did golden brown, but my hair is still dark. What should I do? What's the reason my hair won't change color?

Answers

Best Answer

I do not have any experience with dyes because I don't like chemicals. What I do is cut a lemon, wring out on my hair and go sit in the sun. Do several times and lighter hair you have!

You need to do a 2 step process to change the color of your hair more than a few shades. You need to lift the old color out, and then apply the new color. Unless you really know what you're doing, leave this job to a professional.

I actually have the same problem. I just colored my hair with a much lighter color than I usually do and it came out pretty dark (nothing like the picture on the box).

This is what I am going to do. I am going to go to a professional hair stylist and have her do it the first time and ask a lot of questions so that I can do it after that myself.

Depending on which product you're using, many of the companies have a hot line. I was using Claioil, they have a great customer line for a problem like this. the last time which was a while ago(, I have since stopped coloring my hair). The Rep.at that time gave me a formula. , which I did and it worked beauitifully.It lift the color, & without harming my hair. infact I went to work right after finishing the process. She may also tell you to use a different color altotgether I do believe doing it at home ,isn't any problem, a slong as you have gotten a porfssionall advice, going to a salon, No, the cost is unbelievable.

I have always did my hair colringmyself. I go to the salon for hair cuts only.
PS. look on the box,for their phone number. As long as you have the poducts that are needed, you'll be able t do it right after your call. you may be directed to use a 20' strength. instead of 10'., which is in most of the coloring kits. Good luc!k